Narcolepsy Remedy

Any Herbal Remedies To Help With Narcolepsy?

New postby Rosy » 29 Oct 2012, 04:43

I have been on Dexedrine and Concerta for 4 years to help me stay awake while i am working or driving, but they have some really nasty side affects, does anyone know of any alternative remedy besides taking prescription drugs? I have been on Dexedrine and Concerta for 4 years to help me stay awake while i am working or driving, but they have some really nasty side affects, does anyone know of any alternative remedy besides taking prescription drugs?
Rosy

New postby Kandra » 29 Oct 2012, 04:43

Sorry to tell you that as of right now there are no known alternative remedies to help with narcolepsy. Do try to maintain a strict routine on when you go to bed and get up as well as take naps when needed. I do realize that does minimal help for you. The good news is that with more awareness of narcolepsy, more search is going on. So I hope soon for the life of people living with a diagnosis can have some relief.
Kandra

Homeopathic remedies for Narcolepsy?

New postby German » 29 Oct 2012, 04:43

Hello, I am a 43 yr old male with diabetes, neuropathy and have been diagnosed with narcolepsy. It is destroying my life. I do not want to take any more prescription drugs. Are there any homeopathic remedies that work for narcolepsy?
"Professing themselves to be wise they became as fools." A scripture from the bible my mother used to quote to me.

I need to clear one thing up. I am not asking if homeopathy works. I KNOW it does. I already have used it for several clinically diagnosed problems successfully. I just can not seem to find a remedy for narcolepsy. There is not much information out there. Thank you to everyone who has answered so far. Even the person who was negative. Everyone has a right to their opinions.

I guess really I need to know if anyone has had success in treating their narcolepsy naturally especially with homeopathic remedies and what was used.

Thanks to everyone.
German

New postby Morton » 29 Oct 2012, 04:43

Homeopathic remedies are prescribed according to the patients individual symptoms not by the name of the disease or disorder. Your detailed symptoms from head to toes, body and mind are needed to suggest an appropriate homeopathic remedy for you.
Remember Homeopathy treats the patient i.e the whole person not the disease or disorder.

I repeat please give us your symptoms everything is treatable and curable if treated according to the symptoms.
And thank you for the thumbs down I really appreciate it :o)

Best of health to you.

Take care and God Bless
Morton

Return to Alternative Medicine