Keller Graduate

Would I Be Able To Get A Good High Paying Job If I Have My...

New postby Vaughn » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

Would I be able to get a good high paying job if I have my MBA from Keller Graduate School and get my CFA?

I currently work in the Capital Markets industry. Working in the CDO market. I know those are not well liked investment vehicles now, but I am getting a lot experience working with very complex deal.
Vaughn

New postby Gladys » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

The value of Keller varies greatly between companies and even hiring managers. The CFA would be more valuable as long as you intend to stay in investments. If you intend to leave corporate finance, then the CFA would be a colossal waste of time. Within the industry, it is treated equivalent to an MBA.
Gladys

Is a keller graduate school mba valuable to employers?

New postby Gisela » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

I want to get an a mba and i already went to a state school. i dont necessarily want to go back to one. this is one of my options. i want to know if its worth it in the long run to get a better job. but will employers consider an mba from their valuable?
Gisela

New postby Ariel » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

Keller is part of Devry, and a lot of employers do not respect Devry degrees.

In general, if you can get into an AACSB accredited MBA program, you want to go to an AACSB accredited program. A lot of employers will not hire MBAs if their program was not AACSB accredited. I'll link you to the website so you can look up all the accredited programs in your area:
http://www.aacsb.edu/accreditation/accr ... embers.asp

For some employers, in addition to the fact that the MBA must be AACSB accredited, the reputation of where you get your MBA also matters. So while, for example, it's not necessary, for most employers, that you get your MBA from Harvard; if you were choosing between Fordham and Montclair State, you'd want to pick Fordham.
Ariel

Is MBA degree from Golden Gate University better than...

New postby Ethan » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

Is MBA degree from Golden Gate University better than Keller Graduate School? Is MBA degree from Golden Gate University better than Keller Graduate School?
Ethan

New postby Janise » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

KELLER GRADUATE SCHOOL (DEVRY) IS NOT ACCREDITED BY THE AACSB. GOLDEN GATE UNIVERSITY IS NOT ACCREDITED BY THE AACSB.

Don't waste your money on unaccredited degrees. There are a host of accredited degrees that will be worth the paper they are printed on. Some of them may even be offered online at instate rates. If your program is not accredited by the Association to Advance of Collegiate Schools of Business, then you will are not paying for a respected MBA. With MBAs, image is EVERYTHING.

(If you are going to spend the time and money for an MBA, then it better have the accreditation that employers are looking for, namely the AACSB. There are many 2nd and 3rd tier colleges that are accredited by them, and a number of online degrees. What would you be sacrificing by NOT looking for this high level of accreditation?)
Janise

Is Keller Graduate School of Management of Devry...

New postby Luanna » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

Is Keller Graduate School of Management of Devry University good?

I am a Canadian living in Canada, I would like to get a CPA(US) designation. I need a master degree to get 150 credit hours, so I want to get a master degree in Accounting and Financial Management at Keller Graduate School of Management of Devry University. I do not know if this online university is like University of Phoenix online, because there is so many bad rumors about U of Phoenix (going after people's money and not recognized in some states?). Please advise.
Luanna

New postby Mark » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

Devry University is mostly a degree-granting university. It is not your standard research, not-for-profit university. It is viewed by many as a university that serves commuter working adults - just like Strayer and the University of Phoenix. Having said this, you need to analyze it from an objective point of view. If you just need a degree just to get your CPA designation, then go for it. If you are looking to get a degree from a top university, then this will not fulfill your needs. If you are interested in an online MBA from a top university, then I would suggest that you check out this article: http://www.macquil.com/articles/onlinemba.php
Mark

Would Devry University/Keller Graduate School of...

New postby Melida » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

Would Devry University/Keller Graduate School of Management be considered a diploma mill? Would Devry University/Keller Graduate School of Management be considered a diploma mill?
Melida

New postby Gladys » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

Not a mill, but not worth much either, less then a two year community college program. It is good for spending your money though...
Gladys

CSU East Bay Business School or Keller Management Graduate..

New postby Edmundo » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

CSU East Bay Business School or Keller Management Graduate School?

I would like to obtain my MBA. Which would you recommend and why?
Edmundo

New postby Wilton » 23 Oct 2012, 22:23

The CSU-formerly-known-as-Hayward is a better bet. Keller is a DeVry program. DeVry is a for-profit school, which doesn't hold as much prestige as a traditional university. Moreover, CSU's are way cheaper than DeVry. You'd save yourself a lot of money if you chose CSU East Bay.
Wilton

Return to Careers & Employment