New Checking Accounts

Does WAMU Do A Credit Check For New Checking Accounts?

New postby Shayla » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

I'm wondering if WAMU does a credit check for opening a new checking account. Some bank do, some don't. Anyone have any insight on this?
Shayla

New postby Birgit » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

They definitely use Checksys to check for a history of bad check writing....This is the main thing they look for for someone opening up a checking account......A history of bad credit won't necessarily prevent you from getting a checking account...granted there's no history of bad check writing...
Birgit

I have tried to open new checking accounts and was denied...

New postby Fermina » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

I have tried to open new checking accounts and was denied because of bad credit that i didnt do please help?

I have not opened any accounts or financed any cars,etc. which is what my credit report states ,how do i fix thi ? i was robbed a few years ago , my social security card and all identification was stolen. how do i prove that it was not me that opened accounts and financed cars rents a house?
Fermina

New postby Roosevelt » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

Go to www.ftc.gov and file a complaint agianst identity theft. They have good chance of catching that crook. Also when you call your credit bureaus, they'll ask you to file a complaint with ftc first.
Roosevelt

My fiance and I are planning to merge our checking...

New postby Vaughn » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

My fiance and I are planning to merge our checking accounts and start a new saving account together.?

How should we go about this?
Vaughn

New postby Gaylord » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

Advice: Don't until you get hitched. Seriously, bad idea.
Gaylord

Any new bank promotions on new checking account?

New postby Irmgard » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

I am looking to open a checking and savings account or just a checking account.

I do not have a direct deposit

I am in Ohio

Is there any good promotions/specials out there at banks?
Irmgard

New postby Kelley » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

Here's a list of banks in Ohio that can help. http://www.banksintheusa.com/Ohio-Banks.html
Kelley

Applying for a credit card before or after NEW checking...

New postby Evelin » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

Applying for a credit card before or after NEW checking account?

I have a checking account already established with a credit card from the same bank. I am unhappy with the service I have received with them and I am planning to switch to another bank.

Before I close my current account, I would like to know should I start my new checking account with the new bank now and apply for a card when the account is established?

Or should I apply for a credit card now before I start the new account?

My concern is closing my current account and starting a new checking account with a new card would not look favorably for my credit. However, would starting the new checking account first make approval easier since I would have an account established with the new bank?
Evelin

New postby Clemmie » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

Start with the checking first. Then you are a customer and they will love adding services.
Or when you go to your new bank, you can ask about a credit card while you are opening the checking and let them know you want to transfer everything over. That way they know you will be replacing a credit card instead of adding a new one, which can make a difference.
That's what I would recommend.
Clemmie

What should I look for in opening a new checking account?

New postby Fermina » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

What should I look for in opening a new checking account?

There are a lot of options, what should I look into?
Fermina

New postby Alessandra » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

How much money do you plan to save/use in checking.

most have a montly penalty if you go under a certain amount (usually about $200.00.

their are others that give you interest by keeping roughly $2000.00 in the bank at all times.

you need to think of how much your depost will be
how much money you will be paying in bills monthly
and approximately what you will plan to keep in the bank

then find out which account will suit you better.

You may also look in to an option of a savings account that is attached to your checking. If you happen to go over in checks they can transfer it from your savings to prevent any overdraft fees.
Alessandra

I closed my checking account because of a negative...

New postby Dian » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

I closed my checking account because of a negative balance, will it be hard to open a new checking account?

I have already made payment arragnements, but need an open account to pay bills.
Dian

New postby Londa » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

Your previous bank might put your name on "Chexsystems" list (blacklist for people who not careful with their account) because you did not care with your account. However, if you have clean up your account, they might update data into it.

I found one site that you can get a free report from ChexSystem. Here is it:
Londa

Which bank is better to start a new checking account?

New postby Odell » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

I am undecided between Bank of America and Washington Mutual. Does anyone have any opinions on which bank I should go for to open a new checking account?
Thanks!
Odell

New postby Toshia » 29 Oct 2012, 11:08

Since WaMu is basically no more (they have been bought out by Chase Bank), you're basically dealing with B of A or Chase. Both have a national presence....you just need to compare apples to apples and see who has the best account to fit your needs. In this day and age, you should be able to have totally Free Checking (no monthly maintenance/service fees, no balance requirements, no transaction limitations, no charge for ATMs, no charge to use debit card, some cases -- free money orders, free direct deposit). Read the "fine print" and look for any hidden fees.....transaction limitations, balance requirements, etc.
Toshia

Next

Return to Credit