Workmans Comp Settlements

Do I Qualify For Workmans Comp Settlements Loan?

New postby Yelena » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

The case is based in IL. I heard in OH it's illegal to apply for one. The case is based in IL. I heard in OH it's illegal to apply for one.
Yelena

New postby Alethia » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

Most lawsuit funding companies will not fund a Workmans comp. claim or lawsuit if the state statute concerning direction of payments requires the claim to be paid directly to the claimant and not first to the trust account of attorney. These states are: AR, AK, CA, DC, HI, KS, KY, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TX, UT,VA, WA, WI. But Third Party Liability lawsuits are funded by lawsuit funding companies in every state except in Ohio.
Alethia

How long does it take a workmans comp settlement to come...

New postby Diann » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

How long does it take a workmans comp settlement to come to you?

It's been nearly 4 week since the hearing.
Diann

New postby Mariann » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

4 weeks ,Try waiting more than 4 years for even a trial date for a car accident.And having to deal with a scandelous insurance company that tries to find anything they can not to pay the victims of their clients.
Mariann

Workmans comp settlements from a torn bi-cept?

New postby Eleni » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

Workmans comp settlements from a torn bi-cept? Workmans comp settlements from a torn bi-cept?
Eleni

New postby Elza » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

It's not clear what you're asking, but you can have a workers compensation claim recognized for torn bicep if you establish the condition exists and it is related to your work activity. Whether you settle your claim, and for what amount, depends on what benefits you may be entitled to receive in the state where you live. In general, you should consider the cost of past and future medical care, lost wages, and any permanent partial impairment awards available. You may also be entitled to vocational rehabilitation if you are physically unable to return to the type of work you were doing at the time of your injury. Good luck and best wishes for a full recovery.
Elza

I live in las vegas nv and I am wondering how long it...

New postby Fabian » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

I live in las vegas nv and I am wondering how long it takes to reach a end to workmans comp settlement?

I was twice with a severe head injury while on the job the first was nov 2006 the second was june 2007 I just recieved my first evaluation but not a rating. this was for the operation to my cervical spine.I am still waiting for one on my main head injury
Fabian

New postby Amiee » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

I think we may need a little more info to answer your question here. You severely injured your head twice?? Have you been working since June 2007? Or are you currently on temporary disability? So you have had an evaluation for a surgery on your spine, however, you did not mention if you are currently in talks to work on a dispute, or if the company has mentioned that they are looking to settle. If you are on disability and getting your medical bills paid for then what is the problem?

Please provide more information so we can answer your question better.

Good luck to you!
Amiee

Can a person get a Workmans Comp. settlement?

New postby Alejandrina » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

For a job related accident. The injury still exists from over three years ago. The accident resulted in a dislocated shoulder that caused a tear in the rotator cuff. The injured received four months of PT to regain full motion of the shoulder but the injury does still exist. The injured claims that he can get along just fine the way it is now. The Dr. says that corrective surgery may be need at some point in the future. The injured says that he would rather get a settlement if it is possible. Is it?
Alejandrina

New postby Dona » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

It all depends on the employer and if this person has already disclosed the fact that he/she had a preexisting injury or not. If he/she hasn't, then I would say go for it-what do they have to lose, am I right?

On the other hand, if this person is seen performing as a normal person, they might get reported to the employers' insurance company. So i guess that it all depends on how far this person is willing to take it..weighing the pros and cons.

Good luck!
Dona

If youre entitled to a workmans comp settlement, when do...

New postby Philip » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

If youre entitled to a workmans comp settlement, when do you get it?

Is it when youre returned back to full duty? or when? i had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago and im scheduled to go back to full duty in 3 more weeks. currently im undergoing physical therapy for the next 6 weeks.so im just trying to figure out when im supposed to attempt to settle. the case manager with the workmans comp company told me about a month ago to tell my lawyer i wanted to settle when im "healed."
Philip

New postby Scot » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

Are you kidding????????? My wife and I have been fighting with workmans comp for over 6 years now, does that tell ya anything???? good luck!!!
Scot

Workmans comp settlement guidelines?

New postby Felicia » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

I hurt my back and had 2 surgeries, then settled my case, but left medical open, had 2 more surgeries. i will get another settlement but was wondering how they decide how much i get, is there a site i can go to that has the amounts listed for which injuries? i live in kansas
Felicia

New postby Claretha » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

Usually the site is under the states, workers compensation site which usually falls under dept of labor , or you can find the links by searching your official state site.
Claretha

Workmans comp settlement?

New postby Darcey » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

I tore my ACL compleatly off, its not connected either way, and i tore my meniscus in my right knee on both sides. how much of a settlent can i get for loss of motion after surgery. Im not a greedy person im just worried about my work abilitys afterword,a nd ive known other people who say its just never the same anymore. so i'd just like to know. thanks very much and god bess.
Darcey

New postby Maia » 28 Oct 2012, 10:45

Well depends on the age and what state you live at. Since this just happened recently the adjuster will have no way of determining your permanent partial disability/impairment (PPD/PPI).

So if you go through therapy and get strength back in your knees and your range of motion (ROM) is very good and well than your award for PPD/PPI might be low. If you can walk, run, lift, bend, crawl and do normal things before your injury your "settlement" will still be low.

So lets say your a big guy, you might run into more problems with chronic knee problems later and your ROM might not be as good as that of a skinny guy, than your settlement will be higher.

You might be examined by another doctor set by the insurance company to get an idea of the PPD/PPI % but if you show weak ROM they might not comment as your not ready for rating. There have been people who fake it to get more money but most doctors will see through this. At the end of your claim if your not happy with the award you can always request a hearing.

So it really depends on the state, age, ROM and other factors. Many states have formulas that the doctors provide, all the adjuster has to do is plug them in. Other states have set amount of weeks based on the AMA guidelines, so you should ask your adjuster for a ball park.

My ball park figure based on experience would be about $1400-$8500. Some states also throw in "disfigurements" which is money for scars. Extreme cases where there chronic involved or a future knee replacement could be $15,000.
Maia

Next

Return to Credit