Sleep Mattress

What Kind Of Sleep Mattress Do You Have Or What Kind Of...

New postby Alejandro » 26 Oct 2012, 10:16

I sleep on a latex firm mattress. LATEX. Non allergenic, very supportive, I got mine from the off the internet, and I love it. I'm lucky because my guy and I both like the firm, supportive qualities, and dust mites, or any other microscopic vermin can live in it. My sister has a sleep member bed, ya know, the astro foam, they payed over two thousand for it, I paid just a bit over 700.00 for mine, and we are both happy. One or the other is the best.
Alejandro

What is the best mattress; sleep number, memory foam,...

New postby Tennie » 26 Oct 2012, 10:16

What is the best mattress; sleep number, memory foam, pillow top or temper pedic? What is the best mattress; sleep number, memory foam, pillow top or temper pedic?
Tennie

New postby Russel » 26 Oct 2012, 10:16

Tempurpedic is awesome, but costs about $3000. A four inch memory foam mattress topper is made of the same stuff, though, usually costs around $200, and gives similar comfort and health benefits for people who weigh less than 180 pounds.
Russel

Has anyone ever bought a sleep designs mattress?

New postby Penni » 26 Oct 2012, 10:16

I am looking for a review of this brand. I just bought one from Sleep Experts and just want to know if it is a good brand. I can't find anything on it. Thanks
Okay. Has anyone had it longer than the 100 night sleep test (past return policy) and still have an opinion on it?
Penni

New postby Pamila » 26 Oct 2012, 10:16

I would not worry about it, you already bought it. Try it for yourself.
Pamila

Can I wash my Select Comfort / Sleep Number mattress cover?

New postby Stepanie » 26 Oct 2012, 10:16

"You cannot wash the cover. It is likely to fall apart."

Well, that seems to be the consistent response that I received from the sales folks in 3 stores, and calling customer service twice. Well guess what. THEY'RE LYING !

I've had my King model 5000, dual chamber for 4+ years now and am VERY happy with it.

Last week one of my pooches urinated on it, and my wife went into a tizzy. I immediately inquired and was told by everyone at SC that it CANNOT be washed and must be replaced.

CS was so nice on the phone. "We're going to pick up the first 64% of the replacement cost." were the first words she uttered. I was tickled pink. But the next words were ".and you'll pay only $276". I almost fainted.

Well, my wife and I decided to implement "Plan A".

Went to the local laundromat where they have LARGE capacity washers. We put the top cover (soiled section) into the largest machine on delicate.

We washed it TWICE, and then put it in the dryer for almost an hour.

SUCCESS !
Stepanie

New postby Mariann » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

Just be careful the next time you dry it because it can melt.... i have melted mine in a few spots but it still fits and i don't plan on getting a new one until i get a new bed. I have washed mine at least 4 times in the last year, once when i first got it because my husband and i got it from his parents, and 3 other times because our cat likes to knock things over.
Mariann

Do you have a sleep number mattress? Is there a bar down...

New postby Kandace » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

Do you have a sleep number mattress? Is there a bar down the middle?

I always move in my sleep or cuddle with my wife. If we got a sleep number mattress would it be comfortable to lay in the middle of the bed, even with dual air chambers?
Kandace

New postby Stanton » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

I have one..and hoestly?
i don't think it was worth 2000 dollars..
i'll never tell my mom that but like mines so hard
they said it would take a little while for me to break it in since i'm so small but i don't think they meant THREE YEARS!!!

i don't even know if this is answering the question..im kinda confused sorry
Stanton

What are the pros and cons of the Tempur-Pedic Swedish...

New postby Dominque » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

What are the pros and cons of the Tempur-Pedic Swedish Sleep System Mattress? What are the pros and cons of the Tempur-Pedic Swedish Sleep System Mattress?
Dominque

New postby Fredrick » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

Here is what someone e-mailed about this question of yours. Please read below......
Personally I have been the proud owner of the Tempur-Pedic Classic Sleep System for a little over three years now. My mattress is still in mint condition and I weigh 170 lbs. and my husband weighs 240 lbs. I do not have a permanent indention that I roll into every night.

Tempur-Pedic mattresses are temperature sensitive and breathable. While some people do say they find the mattresses hot, many of them were hot on inner spring mattresses. The mattress itself will increase your circulation due the increased support it gives your body. Although our cover is breathable, it does create a light barrier that inhibits the complete absorption of body temperature into the TEMPUR® material.

The warranty covers up to ¾ of an inch in sagging if it occurs in the first 10 years. After 10 years the warranty is pro-rated. You can view the warranty @ www.tempurpedic.com.
Fredrick

Do you like the sleep number mattress?

New postby Jerome » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

I have the 5000 and I think it's a very expensive hammock. Maybe because I didn't buy the expensive one? I love soft mattresses, but if I set it at 35, I end up with back & neck pain cuz it just sinks at the hips, where we're usually the heaviest. Thinking about returning it, since I have 30 days. I'd like your opinion about the sleep number bed. Thanks.
Jerome

New postby Caryn » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

I have the mid-range version and sleep on the 35 setting.

I love my bed more than words could ever express. I am so happy to finally be able to fall alsleep within 20 minutes of going to bed and to be able to wake up without backaches.

I suggest going to the store and asking a sales rep to explain how to figure out the proper number for you.

A rep told me to lower the numbers one at a time until I didn't feel any pressure on my lower back.
Caryn

What is the best mattress to sleep on when you have...

New postby Alaine » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

What is the best mattress to sleep on when you have back/hip pain? ?

My husband has been in pain for quite some time due to the accident we were in in 1999 along with other things he has done. I need help in picking the right type of mattress when dealing with back/hip pain. Please help me.
Alaine

New postby Diann » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

You should try a memory foam mattress. A memory foam mattress will conform to the body shape and weight. It supports the whole body and alleviates the pressure on your body. It will give you a better back support to help your back pain.

You can refer http://www.memoryfoammattress101.com to learn more about the benefits of memory foam mattress.
Diann

What is the best type of mattress to sleep on for the best..

New postby Maryellen » 26 Oct 2012, 10:17

What is the best type of mattress to sleep on for the best quality sleep possible? What is the best type of mattress to sleep on for the best quality sleep possible?
Maryellen

Next

Return to Decorating & Remodeling