How To Sleep Better

How To Sleep Better With A Cold ?

New postby Kit » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

I absolutely hate hate hate when I have a cold, and I lay down and my nose feels all clogged up with buggers. Whats the best position to sleep in to minimize this problem ?
Kit

New postby Han » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

Have you considered a decongestant? I use sudafed pills cos it's only a decongestant (no painkillers or anything else). Alternatively I use a decongestant spray and choose a nostril to liberate! (I don't like using em too much cos they can damage membranes).

Another alternative is to prop yourelf up on pillows so your head is higher than shoulders, shoulders higher than chest etc. ie. a gradient. This helps the crap drain out of your nose and sinuses and is the best chance of a clear nose/sinuses without drugs.
Han

How to sleep better throughout the night with twins?

New postby Karri » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

My twins are 2 months now and still wake up every 2-3 after their 5 am feeding, but after their 1am and bedtime at 9pm their fine they sleep for 4-5 hours. Its making me very tired. And they also wake each other up with one is crying, what can i do. Please help

Thanks
Karri

New postby Nathanael » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

The only thing i can tell you is that it does get better with time. I HAD to give my twins rice cereal in their bottles for their gerd and trust me it didnt help them sleep any better, they still woke up every 2 hours! At least you are getting a 4-5 hour stretch! You are lucky there. Around 4 or so months things start to get easier, at that point the bottles get fewer and fewer till you can stop them completely but for now all you can do is grin and bear it.
Nothing you can really do about them waking each other up, my twins are 9 months old and if one is screaming in the night the other still wakes up. They will never grow completely immune to it, but they do learn to ignore it some. Try putting them in seperate cribs if you havent already.
But yeah thats twins! They are really hard in the beginning, but they do get easier!
Nathanael

How to sleep better at night when you have a cold?

New postby Dominque » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

Ive ben sick for about 2 days now and ive been having terible sleeps and i just want to know things that make you feel better sleeping when your sick, i took nightime cold medicine, i put vapour rub on, what are some home remedies to make me feel better, as well as get better faster! its my summer holidays i dont want to be sick.
Dominque

New postby Britney » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

Well boil some hot water stick ur head over it and let the steam hit ur face it starts draining ur nose. sleep with 3 pillows propped up and keep the room cool so its not stuffy so it wont block ur nose. drink lots of orange juice also thats the key vitamin c. and another thing is teqa with lemon and honey always good. hope u feel better
Britney

Any suggestions on how to sleep better?

New postby German » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

I don't want to take drugs or pills. I have never had trouble sleeping, but I can't stay asleep lately. I wake up too early in the morning and I am tired all day then. I am so flustered please help.
I do have a lot of stress in my life that may be a major cause of why I can't sleep most evenings.
German

New postby Christal » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

Hello, sometimes stress and other psychological issues make people not sleep all night..it happens to me too..it takes me a while to get to sleep most nights...if you do not want to take drugs (i don't blame you) then take MELATONIN(3mg) you can get this at any health food store...melatonin is already stored and produced in our bodies, but as we get older, it decreases and we need to supplement for it..even at a young age sometimes we need to supplement...always remember to make sure your room is completely dark and no other noise around...i hope this helps...
Christal

How to sleep better at night?

New postby Barabara » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

I'm a first year college student, not technically a student I'm taking a semester off. Lately its been a battle to fall asleep at night. I toss and turn and toss and turn. I used to sleep well when I was workin 6 a.m. to 3 every day but I got laid off and have been just sittin at home lately. I have been taking benadryl to help me sleep for a while. Is this good for me? Is there anything i can do or take to sleep better?
Barabara

New postby Angeline » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

Try not to work out or do anything high energy or eat before you go to bed, and try your best to think peaceful thoughts. do that and youll be an animal when you wake up!
Angeline

How to sleep better without a nightmare?

New postby Sophia » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

How to sleep better without a nightmare?
Sophia

New postby Kacie » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

You may have some unresolved concerns. Try to seek resolution.

Generally, concentrate on pleasant things. Read an uplifting book. Don't watch excessively violent television or movies.

Eat a light meal and let it settle for an hour or so before bedtime. Also, try a hot bath before bedtime.
Kacie

I have a hard time trying to sleep. How can I sleep better?

New postby Joan » 25 Oct 2012, 03:55

Every night when I try to go to bed it takes me like 2 hours. When I try to sleep all I think about is what happened to me. How do I stop this?
Joan

New postby Lilia » 25 Oct 2012, 03:56

Wow do I hate that! I found that this happened when I was in a situation that was very stressful it went on for months.....lessen the stress in your life. Foods that help promote sleep are foods high in calcium and potassium,dairy products and bananas
Lilia

How to sleep better?

New postby Ardelle » 25 Oct 2012, 03:56

Ok i cant sleep beacause i have gotten in the habit of sleeping like at 3,4,5am! so do you have any tips on sleeping?
Ardelle

New postby Odell » 25 Oct 2012, 03:56

Run, bike, workout something like that during the day.

Milk, some chamomile tea, or Valerian root before you plan to sleep

And also try meditating in a dark (not black) room for 10 to 15 mins before bed to clear your mind
Odell

Next

Return to Diseases & Conditions