I can answer that. When my daughter was a littlie she got into everything. She would drag a chair over to the fridge and climb up on the back rungs like a ladder to get at whatever was on the top of the fridge. A real little bugger.
Anyway, she got hold of the dog's heartworm pills unbeknownst to me. I took the kids into Carols by Candlelight (yes, Christmas time). My husband turned up there and told me that he had found some of the pills spilt on the floor. Off to the hospital we went with her.
Anyway, the doctor told us that any medication for a dog was pretty much safe for human consumption. His wife was a Vet so he was pretty up on dog medications. After the initial panic, we don't think that she actually had any, just "played with them".
For all of you who are going to say "bad parent". The medication was in a cupboard secured with a child proof lock.
We have a giggle about it every so often and say that at least we know she doesn't have heartworm.
She is 14 now and somehow survived her early childhood, with a few trips to the hospital.
Edit: While it may not be dangerous, I wouldn't recommend taking them knowingly. Medications shouldn't be messed with.