Harvard Mba Program

How do i get into Harvard university MBA programs? what...

New postby Thea » 27 Oct 2012, 20:21

How do i get into Harvard university MBA programs? what are the exams to be written?
Thea

New postby Dodie » 27 Oct 2012, 20:21

The best thing you can do is to check out their MBA admissions page. All the application requirements and deadlines are listed there. Follow the instructions, work on an outstanding application package including excellent essays that distinguish you from the rest, prepare for the GMAT and get top scores. Nothing will guarantee that you get accepted, but at least, you will know that you did your best.
Good luck!
Dodie

I would like to enroll in an MBA program in 3 to 4 years...

New postby Zack » 27 Oct 2012, 20:21

I would like to enroll in an MBA program in 3 to 4 years time, would Harvard, Wharton, Sloan or Tuck be best?

I've always wanted to run my own business (well since I was eight years old anyway) but I never considered an MBA till recently. I'm going to get my undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering next year. Over the last year I have worked as an engineering intern for an American corporation as part of my degree program and have decided I need more than just an engineering degree to run my own energy business in my country. I just want to know which of these schools is more likely to open doors for me in the U.S. as I'd like to get some good business exposure and contacts over there before returning to my country to set up my very own business.
Zack

New postby Allena » 27 Oct 2012, 20:21

Sloan or babson has a great entrepeneurship program
Allena

Is an MBA TOP 10 (Wharton, Harvard, Stern, Yale, Tuck or...

New postby Patrina » 27 Oct 2012, 20:21

Is an MBA TOP 10 (Wharton, Harvard, Stern, Yale, Tuck or Sloan) program interested in.?

I am interested in pursuing an MBA with a Top 10-15 b school on East Coast. I have a currently will wrap up a Masters in THRD with 3.9 gpa. potential GMAT of 670-700 range. However I have a BS GPA of 2.3, I worked 2-3 jobs, (concurrently), while pursuing my undergraduate degree. No family support available.

I have worked and progressed professionally from a Project Manager to Regional Director of Sales for the same firm over 12 year period. I have traveled for work related projects on 3 continents and worked overseas for 8 continuous years in Europe. I have a strong network of contacts in corporate, legal and finace communities - due to my current bus dev position.

My reason for considering MBA as I reach my late thirties is to facilitate a career change to a consulting type position or corporate development role with a top tier firm.

Thoughts from the community at large
Patrina

New postby Marquerite » 27 Oct 2012, 20:21

I had a 3.0 in my undergrad from a top 5 university, and a 3.7 GPA from a (different) top 5 engineering school for my MS. I got a 700 on the MCAT and was still waitlisted for the UCLA Femba program. On the other hand, when I got in the offered me both a FEMBA or an executive MBA spot.

All you can do is try.
Marquerite

Previous

Return to Higher Education (University)