Causes Of Insomnia

Can You Think Of Ten Humorous Causes Of Insomnia?

New postby Marisela » 28 Oct 2012, 21:56

Can you think of ten humorous causes of insomnia?

It's for a homework assignment but i need some help!
Marisela

New postby Monte » 28 Oct 2012, 21:56

Dog is hogging the bed. Cat jumps on you. Dog is snoring. Bed collapses. Light is on "The Clapper" and your snoring turns it on. Waterbed springs a leak. Young couple outside on sidewalk are affected by the full moon and start getting amorous. Husband sneaks in late - and trips at the foot of the bed. Husband has bologna breath and keeps breathing in your direction. You get the hiccups. There's a crash. (Actually I just heard a crash - sounds like the dog is stuck in the waste basket again.)
Monte

What are the causes of Insomnia? 10 pts for best...

New postby Vannesa » 28 Oct 2012, 21:56

What are the causes of Insomnia? 10 pts for best answer.and 2 pts for answersing lol?

I'll give the best answer to the person with the best answer and most info!
i'm doing a, like, 2 paragraph thing for school and need to know a little.i dont have it, i sleep perfect!
i'm doing a, like, 2 paragraph thing for school and need to know a little.i dont have it, i sleep perfect!
didn't mean for that twice
Vannesa

New postby Tereasa » 28 Oct 2012, 21:56

Tereasa

What you guys do when you suffer from insomnia ? What are...

New postby Shaun » 28 Oct 2012, 21:56

What you guys do when you suffer from insomnia ? What are the causes of insomnia?
Shaun

New postby Abdul » 28 Oct 2012, 21:56

"Some people seem more likely than others to experience insomnia, just as some people tend to get headaches or upset stomachs. Simply knowing that you may experience insomnia and that it will not last too long can be helpful in dealing with it when it occurs.

Persistent stress

Exposure to stress may contribute to the development or worsening of insomnia. Relationship problems, a chronically ill child, or an unrewarding career may contribute to sleep problems. If you suffer from these types of stresses, you should seek counseling to gain a new outlook on your troubles and more control in your life.

Learned insomnia

If you sleep poorly, you may worry about not being able to function well during the day. You may try harder to sleep at night, but unfortunately this determined effort can make you more alert, set off a new round of worried thoughts, and cause more sleep loss. Doing activities in and around the bedroom-changing into your night clothes, turning off the lights, pulling up the blankets- can become linked with the sleep problems that follow. Through repetition these bedtime activities can then trigger over-arousal and insomnia.

Some individuals with learned insomnia have trouble sleeping in their own beds yet may fall asleep quickly when they don't intend to-while reading the newspaper, sleeping away from home, or watching TV. Just a few nights of poor sleep during a month can be enough to produce a cycle of poor sleep and increase your worry about it.

Treatment for learned insomnia aims to improve sleep habits and reduce unnecessary worry".
Abdul

What are the physical and psycological causes of insomnia?

New postby Kacy » 28 Oct 2012, 21:56

What are the physical and psycological causes of insomnia? What are the physical and psycological causes of insomnia?
Kacy

New postby Shaun » 28 Oct 2012, 21:56

Stress, caffeine. Physical pain will keep you up.
medical problems like having to constantly go to the bathroom will keep you up all night. snoring.
Shaun

What are the causes of insomnia and what are some of...

New postby Gordon » 29 Oct 2012, 00:36

What are the causes of insomnia and what are some of insomnia's related study? What are the causes of insomnia and what are some of insomnia's related study?
Gordon

New postby Nam » 29 Oct 2012, 00:36

Insomnia is a learned disorder. maybe from your parents or friends. it cant only be gotten rid of through relearning a sleep patter. your body gets used to a certian rythm and it begians to learn this trythm. like how you can wake op at the same time everyday. when under stress sometimes you can have insomniatic bouts, but usually its from constantly staying up late or what not so you body learns tht pattern then you try to go back to your old patter and its not so easy. just try going to bed earlier for awahile and you'll see what iu mean. some bodies take awhile to learn a pattern some are very fast it all depends on how you function.
Nam

What do you think is the cause of insomnia?

New postby Kortney » 29 Oct 2012, 00:36

I don't want you to look up references like Wikipedia. I just want to know what you yourself think is the cause.
Kortney

New postby Tennie » 29 Oct 2012, 00:36

There are so many folks saying, insomnia is a disease and seeping pills are the remedy. No they are wrong and these is why:

In fact, sleeping pills are one of the root causes of insomnia because your body has developed a tolerance and dependence on them which often leads to rebound insomnia.

Insomnia can be affected by many of factors like stress, depression, sickness, drug, and some bad lifestyle. For info please visit this article http://www.yourinsomniacure.com
Tennie

What are the causes of insomnia?

New postby Stephany » 29 Oct 2012, 00:36

What are the causes of insomnia?
Stephany

New postby Ramon » 29 Oct 2012, 00:36

1) Lack of sleep. No, wait that's a symptom.

Start again:

1) Caffeine - when I hit 40, I had to stop drinking caffeine after 12 noon or I was up all night
2) Dehydration - be sure you drink plenty of water during the day (not too much just before bed if you want to stay in bed all night)
3) Altitude - I spent three weeks working on a t.v. show in Albuquerque, and the dry air and altitude combined made it all but impossible to sleep - I didn't sleep more than 4 hours any night for the first two weeks.
4) Stress - worrying about things that you can't solve in bed with your eyes closed

Cures for insomnia - warm milk, hot bath, then lie in bed and tell each part of your body individually to relax and let you sleep (start at the feet and work up and inward). If you really can't sleep, get out of bed and read a book or watch t.v. for a while - don't lay there and fret. If that still doesn't work, remember that there is value in lying still with your eyes closed, even if you don't actually get to sleep - the rest is better than nothing.

Good luck!
Ramon

Could a lack of vasopressin be the cause of insomnia and...

New postby Adrianna » 29 Oct 2012, 00:36

Could a lack of vasopressin be the cause of insomnia and excessive thirst?

There is no evidence of diabetes after many tests and there is not excessive urination at night. The sleep disturbances have not been helped with "sleep hygiene" methods. There is very vivid dreaming and recall. The thirst is high-moderate at all times with bouts of sudden great thrist, which if not eleviated quickly cause dizziness. There is also a history of brain trauma.
There isn't excessive urination compared to the amount of water intake and urination is not the primary cause of insomnia. While there have been possible indicators of pituitary issue Prolactin levels seem to be in normal range. (Hx of thyrioditis-resolved.) This is curiousity based not looking for a diagnosis.
Any dosage of Melatonin triggers headaches. Water consumption is high so urine out put is probably comparable. It is not unsual to drink a liter of water while "sleeping". Psychotherapy and sleep hygiene have not relieved symptoms. Symptoms have been on-going for 20 yrs.
Adrianna

New postby Otis » 29 Oct 2012, 00:36

Vasopressin is an anti-diuretic hormone, have a look at this site for more information:
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pa ... t/adh.html

A lack of vasopressin should cause polyuria (excessive urination) which is required to avoid brain damage during to the excess of water ingested because of the bursts of thirsts. You say you have an history of brain damage, which might suggest that this regulation is missing in your body.
While there is evidence that a lack of vasopressin can cause excessive nocturnal urination, nothing suggests that this hormone can cause similar symptoms "per-se". I would rather think that your insomnia is of a nervous origin. Try seeking for help with psycotherapy or hipnosis. Yoga and herbal remedies could also help a bit.

I suffer from insomnia too and, although if I lay awake in my bed I tend to visit the bathroom often, I don´t really "need" to empy the bladder, it is just an anxiety-related response.

Good luck
Otis

Next

Return to Homework Help