Simile epic

How And To What Can I Compare This To In An Epic Simile?

New postby Mirta » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

"Opening a College Acceptance Letter"

What simile can I write about that? What Can i compare it to? If you could help me with the simile that would be great Thx!
Mirta

New postby Cordell » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

You can compare it to opening a christmas present....cuz sometimes u can get things u really want and there are also times when u get somethin u dont want...just like how the letter can contain something negative or positive when u open it....

Hope i helped.....
Cordell

Can you help me write an epic simile please?

New postby Ramonita » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

Okay so I really need help writing an epic simile. I need to write it about a teacher of mine, but I can't think of anything interesting to write about, without making it sound really cheesy.
Can you help me please? Thanks!
It needs to be atleast 5 lines.
Ramonita

New postby Tiara » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

Mrs. Blank (the teacher's name) teaches as if there's a wave chasing after her students, aimed to extinguish their eternal need for knowledge. She never calms down, and sprints from topic to topic, as if the wave is after her, as well. She makes sure each and every student is wearing a life-jacket so they can get back up if they are suddenly drenched with the extinguishing of knowledge. Mrs. Blank's dedication for teaching is like an octopus hurtling along the wave, trying to grab everything before they fall.

Mr. Blank's passion for math is as continuous as a calculator, but one that never runs out of batteries. His buttons may be pushed, but he is as careful to let them come back up as a brand new calculator does. Mr. Blank would never spout 'error', as a calculator does. He will continue to solve the problem, even if the 'dimensions don't match.'
Tiara

I need a epic simile on what you would do on a weekend?

New postby Betsy » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

It could be about going to the movies, hanging out with friends or something like that. It could be about going to the movies, hanging out with friends or something like that.
Betsy

New postby Jefferey » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

A simple night out with my friends is like going on a roller coaster ride blindfolded; we are all so messed up, we don't know what's coming next!

If this is for school, you should totally use that.
Jefferey

Can you find an epic simile in the odyssey?

New postby Cornell » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

And what does it mean? My teacher always talks about epic similes but i don't understand how to connect them together so i think an example would help me alot.
thanks so much!
Cornell

New postby Jamal » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

The following site contains examples of epic similes in the odyssey. Perhaps reading the article will help answer your questions.
http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/Lit ... um-79.html
Jamal

What is an example of a epic simile in the Odyssey book...

New postby Patrina » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

What is an example of a epic simile in the Odyssey book XXIII?

I need examples for the Odyssey book 23 for:

epic simile
anthropomorphism
and cataloguing

PLEASE HELP! and include the page numbers if possible!
Patrina

New postby Stephany » 21 Oct 2012, 23:55

Any simile in an epic is an epic simile. A simile uses like or as...so anytime Homer describes something "like or as" something else, it is a simile. For example, if I said, I am as happy as a kid on Christmas. This is a simile. So look for examples of Homer using like or as to describe an emotion, theme, or scene.
Anthropomorphism is depicting an animal with human characteristics. When I say my dog is sad and crying because I am leaving, that is anthropomorphising her. So, if there are any non-human creatures who are treated more as human in that chapter, well there you go. It isn't the same as personification because people still realize it IS an animal but we like to apply human emotions to it.
Stephany

Return to Homework Help