Why Outsourcing It

Describe Outsourcing And Why It Is Controversial?

New postby Dona » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Employee outsourcing by businesses is a controversial issue. Describe outsourcing and
why it is controversial. What are the benefits of outsourcing. What are the disadvantages
of outsourcing? Would you recommend a government policy regarding outsourcing? If so
what.
Dona

New postby Shaunte » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Outsourcing is when a company sets up in another country to give the jobs to foreigners because it is cheaper for the company. It is controversial because it takes jobs from Americans. The benefits are that it keeps costs down for the companies, therefore it keeps some of our costs down. The disadvantages is that it takes jobs from Americans and the quality of customer service is affected because of the language barier. I personally think there should be a limit of how much a company can outsource, because some companies like Dell is looking to completely outsource their customer service section. The reason this is bad from the consumer point of view, is that when you call for customer service, they don't always understand what you are calling about, and they are basically reading from a card. So, most of the customer service problems remain unsolved.
Shaunte

Why should America stop outsourcing it's jobs to...

New postby Krysta » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Why should America stop outsourcing it's jobs to other countries?

I would like to do a speech on the subject and would like some great reasons to back it up
Krysta

New postby Gilberto » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

OUTSOURCING AMERICAN JOBS destroys Middle Class Americans. Sending AMERICAN JOBS to nations like India and China destroys American families, communities and working people. OFFSHORE OUTSOURCING is not fair to AMERICAN WORKERS or GOOD for the United States. FREE TRADE undermines American living standards, our national economy and our national security. Outsourcing American jobs is legal because politicians like Sen. Hillary Clinton are paid off by lobbyists.
Gilberto

If illegal immigration is such a horrible thing because it..

New postby Maia » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

If illegal immigration is such a horrible thing because it takes so many jobs then why is outsourcing legal?

I hear people complaining all the time about how evil the big bad illegal Mexicans are but what about the people in India and other places who are taking our jobs? Why should it be legal for them to take our jobs when they don't even live here, whereas the illegal immigrants do (although illegally)?

Does the fact that outsourcing is legal change the fact that it is taking jobs from American citizens just like illegal immigrants supposedly are?
Maia

New postby Setsuko » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

First of all,I am against outsourcing jobs to third world countries,and paying them slave labor.I have no problem,nor have I ever had any problems with immigrants doing whatever it takes for them to survive,and I would never blame them.It is the agricultural,and manufacturing corporations that hire these wonderful hard working people for slave wages that need to be punished for their illegal warehousing,and abuse.I believe that the government needs to punish these criminals to the fullest extent of the law.I also believe that the foreign trade is definitely immoral,and should be illegal.It is disgusting to me that these poor people are being blamed for taking an opportunity to live a better life.Great question,and I wish that there were people in our government that would bring this to public debate,and not just say"they work jobs regular americans don't want"could you run for public office
Setsuko

Why criticize outsourcing? Why defend it?

New postby Bert » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Why criticize outsourcing? Why defend it? Why criticize outsourcing? Why defend it?
Bert

New postby Morton » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Why criticize it? I got laid off from my job about 4 years ago because of outsourcing. The company went from 500 people to about 150 in about a year and from 5 plants to 1.
People that I worked with had been there 20-25 years, got the boot too. So much for employee appreciation....and locality
Morton

Why is IS/IT outsourcing considered as the best area of...

New postby Aleen » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Why is IS/IT outsourcing considered as the best area of outsourcing? Why is IS/IT outsourcing considered as the best area of outsourcing?
Aleen

New postby Malia » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Because the most of the time the results are fully measurable. What needs to be done and what is expected is clearly tangible.
Malia

Outsourcing. Why did it happen?

New postby Bud » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Instead of complaining about it, let's discuss why it happened and what we can do about it, if anything. I really began noticing it when Chrysler went under back in the 70's because of poor engineering, poor planning and of course unions that were breaking them. The K-Car came into being when our government helped them out financially. Remember that? Being a true American, I purchased one of those vehicles only to discover that my engine wasn't even made here in the U.S. Why is that? What are the opinions of others?
Okay, but outsourcing began long before Clinton's era. Why? And what can we do about it?
Bud

New postby Gavin » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Outsourcing began for a few reasons. The most important one is it is cheaper to make it there and bring it here.

The question is why

1. The industries that rely on labor unions made promises that it could not keep in the long term. Pensions, health care, etc. They did it at the time because by the time they needed to cash it in, it would be decades.

2. During the past 50 years, the focus of laws have been to give workers more and more rights. By doing so, it made it more and more expensive to do business. You can either have protection of business rights or protection of worker rights. There have been too many entitlements.

3. The government taxed labor in ways that the actual person does not see it directly. Social security has a component that the employer pays on behalf of the worker. There are other taxes and compliance costs that the employer that the employee does not have to pay for.

4. Then add in things like OSHA regulations which are ridiculous. They harass and bother employers all the time.

5. The biggest hurdle to all of this is changing the laws so employees see how much it costs them to work where they do. We need to force employees to write the check for all the expenses relating to their employment. I say do it in October before elections. Have the employer pay them the funds and make the employee write checks for health care costs, health insurance, social security taxes, medicare, medicaid, etc.

The important thing to understand is when people have to pay things they treat it differently than if it is free. Note the free to them is actually passing the payment on to somewhere else. When you have $5 deductables for doctor visits, people will go more than if they they had $30 to pay.

People are so entitled to all they get that it is not likely we will change it.

EDIT: I really feel sorry for those who are blaming a conspiracy on this one. It is all about economics. It costs less in China because it costs so much here. That simple. People can really see the difference between conservatives and liberals/democrats on this one. Some democrats here sit around and blame everyone for their problems, instead of looking inward at what the party has done to force companies to leave.

For all those who say companies are greedy than you must be greedy for going to Wal Mart to buy something cheaper than another store. You want to criticize companies for greed to save money than you are just as guilty.

In a free market system like what we have, if you do not do it, someone else will. That is free enterprise.
Gavin

Financial Crisis: Anybody ask WHY? Could it be Outsourcing..

New postby Genny » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Financial Crisis: Anybody ask WHY? Could it be Outsourcing and the Gov. ignoring Street Level Economics?

And yes, the Mortgage Companies offering questionable Loans .
but why?
Why did they give away our good jobs and replace them with nothing?
Why has the Gov. ignored Street Level Economics?
Why were those bogus loans offered at the tipping point of the Middle Class' Fall?
Was it to Nationalize the Banking System, perhaps?
Genny

New postby Hyacinth » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

The North American Union is the reason. There is no way that Americans will accept the Amero with the US having a strong dollar. Or PRIDE in being from the USA, or PRIDE in our Constitution. You are right about the middle class being targeted because if people rise in numbers will be the only way to overcome what they are trying to do...but if those people are weak and have no way to fight back it is easier.

People, we have been sold out for money. You can either wake up now or lose your Constitution by not fighting back as this happens. You can fight back by making sure the turncoats that voted for the bail out don't get re-elected in November. Same for the people who voted for the Patriot act and Oking for Bush to attack Iraq.

EVERYTHING THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS DONE HAS BEEN TO BANKRUPT THE USA!
Hyacinth

Why is it that most people who complain about job...

New postby Angeline » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Why is it that most people who complain about job outsourcing drive foreign cars?

I have not personally met one single person who complains about job outsourcing who drives an American car. Aren't those jobs important, too?
I work on a University campus, and most of the people who complain are college professors - it ain't the money.

Bottles, holy chit man - I didn't expect that from you, of all people.
And, for the record, we drive American trucks. I would have prefered a smaller vehicle, but we own a little farm, so we need it to haul equipment and critters.
Angeline

New postby Charmaine » 25 Oct 2012, 05:06

Anybody who complains about outsourcing of jobs shouldn't be driving a foreign car, because they cannot afford it. i don't mind the Indians doing customer service, as long as I'm being helped!
Charmaine

Next

Return to Homework Help