Michigan Truck Accident

I Was In A Accident In Michigan. Truck Rear Ended Me. Can...

New postby Caroll » 27 Oct 2012, 17:41

I was in a accident in michigan. Truck rear ended me. Can I sue for injury?

Both drivers are from Indiana
Caroll

New postby Alan » 27 Oct 2012, 17:41

The laws that your injury claim will abide by are Michigan, since the accident occured in Michigan. Michigan is a no-fault state and potentially has a threshold that you must pierce before you can pursue a bodily injury claim. *The purpose of PIP/No Fault coverage is to reduce the amount of frivolous lawsuits. If your injuries are basically soft tissue in nature, and there is no long-term impact on your life, you may not meet the qualifications to pursue a bodily injury claim. However, you would regardless of fault, meet the qualifications to pursue a No Fault/PIP claim - which pays for medical bills, wage loss, etc... related to your accident. Contact your insurance company to discuss further.
Alan

I am looking for ainformation on a truck accident in...

New postby Lucas » 27 Oct 2012, 17:41

I am looking for ainformation on a truck accident in Calhoun County Michigan around Dec 5, 2006? I am looking for ainformation on a truck accident in Calhoun County Michigan around Dec 5, 2006?
Lucas

New postby Loma » 27 Oct 2012, 17:41

Call that Counties police department and ask where do you get a copy of an accident report. They will tell you, also you will have to pay for the copy usually around 5 to 10 bucks. Also you may have to go in person to get it.
Loma

Return to Insurance & Registration