Settlement Neck Injury

I Was Rear-ended, With $1000 Damage To Bumper And A Neck...

New postby Peter » 28 Oct 2012, 15:42

I was rear-ended, with $1000 damage to bumper and a neck injury. What is a fair settlement?

I was rear-ended in May. I have been going to physical therapy approximately 3x per week for an injury to my neck. My insurance company has been paying for the physical therapy, minus a deductible and small copays. There was approximately $1000 damage to my rear bumper. What would be considered a fair settlement?
Peter

New postby Lilliam » 28 Oct 2012, 15:42

With only $1,000.00 in damages to your vehicle, it sounds like a pretty low impact loss. This is not anything anyone really could answer for you because it depends on your injury history (Have you had problems before? Degeneration, etc.), and if you have been over/under treating. It sounds as if you are inquiring about the bodily injury portion which is for pain and suffering. You ought to be paid for the damages to your vehicle, the rental for the reasonable repair time for your vehicle, and your medical bills ought to be covered as well-but depending on your state, this is usually covered by your own insurance company. In most states, there is a threshold for a bodily injury claim. I would suggest you contact your own insurance company for advice concerning this because all bodily injury claims are handled on a case by case basis. There is no black and white because no two BI claims are the same. Good luck!!!!
Lilliam

Aprox. how much does one recieve in a settlement r/t a...

New postby Blair » 28 Oct 2012, 15:42

Aprox. how much does one recieve in a settlement r/t a neck injury in a MVC.?

Hx: Four months of chiropractic tx
MRI (dx Cervical bulgding and narrowing at C4,5,&6)
ER visit
Dr. visit
Xrays x5
1,250.00 of car damage (already recieved)
Driver was insured
No previous neck injuries
Blair

New postby Tama » 28 Oct 2012, 15:42

Depends on the state that you're in, how that state considers (if it does) issues like fault and relative negligence, what limits on liability the other driver has, how aggressive your lawyer is, how strongly your medical case will correlate the condition to the accident, etc.

Too many factors to guess.
Tama

Return to Insurance & Registration