Whiplash How Much

Whiplash, How Much Should I Settle 4?

New postby Lorri » 29 Oct 2012, 01:51

Hi, was in accident 3 wks ago were the other driver drove straight out in front of me while i was going 50mph could not stop,my car is a ride off, since then i'v been experiencing terrible pain in my right shoulder and upper back that has kept me out of work, my brother was also a front seat passenger he has a fractored hand and sore back/neck, his insurance company are looking to settle out of court and are coming out to c us and to talk about settlement do u think it is a good idea to settle out of court and if how much should we ask 4. Hi, was in accident 3 wks ago were the other driver drove straight out in front of me while i was going 50mph could not stop,my car is a ride off, since then i'v been experiencing terrible pain in my right shoulder and upper back that has kept me out of work, my brother was also a front seat passenger he has a fractored hand and sore back/neck, his insurance company are looking to settle out of court and are coming out to c us and to talk about settlement do u think it is a good idea to settle out of court and if how much should we ask 4.
Lorri

New postby Daysi » 29 Oct 2012, 01:51

Have you asked your insurance agent for guidelines and opinions? If not, do so before you sit down with the other insurance company.

Also see your doctor to get your diagnosis and prognosis of your injuries. How much more treatment will you need at what cost, or are you now well?

Definitely get your medical bills and time off work covered. And of course the market value of your vehicle at the time of loss. As to "pain and suffering" there is no formula for that, so ignore anyone who starts talking about "3 times your medical expenses" because they don't have a clue if they say that. Again, your agent is your best source of information in this case, and has the resources to tell you what would be considered proper.
Daysi

How much will an insurance company pay for a whiplash...

New postby Elinor » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

How much will an insurance company pay for a whiplash injury?

I was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer at a low speed (10 mph). There was only about $900 damage to the bumper of my SUV. I went to the emergency room and had x-rays and went to a chiropractor for 8 weeks for whiplash. The chiropractor charged $4000 for treatment & the emergency room bills came up to $1900. So, my total medical bills were $5900. The other driver's insurance company accepts 100% liability. Is $5900 too much money to expect the other guy's car insurance company to pay for treatment of a whiplash injury? I'm in NC.
Elinor

New postby Elenore » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

Well it depends on the state you live in. Since it was a semi they will probably pay all medical bills without blinking an eye as the fact when you have a class a you are responsible for most accidents even when they are not your fault.
Elenore

How much did you get for your whiplash settlement?

New postby Dell » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

Just want to know how much people recieve for this kind of injury
Dell

New postby Antione » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

It depeneds on state laws, severity of accident, damage to your car and how you took care of yourself followin the accident
too many variables to have an average
Antione

How much money can i get for whiplash?

New postby Tamala » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

Some car crashed into me the other night and i have been to the doctors cuz of neck pain, now i wanna sue the Bit*h how much money could i get ?
i was thinkinh of calling on of those tv adds !
can u recomend any good ones ? im in chicago !
i am in a bit of pain but to tell u the truth i do wanna make some easy cash and its not gonna be the person who crashed into me thats gonna pay its gonna be the Insurance. and i an not a whimp ! lol and i would just like a bit of money , im not talkin 1000's . i dont need any silly oppinions i want answers !
Tamala

New postby Sonia » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

With that kind of attitude I'm not going to tell you what whiplash is worth. And I know. But you're clearly looking to cash in and I don't think you're even hurt!

See, that's where you're wrong. Just because the person who hit you isn't actually paying for your injury claim, EVERYONE pays in the long run! With insurance, you are all paying into a "pool" of $ that is used to pay for accidents. So technically, you're paying for it, and I am, and so is everyone else. For every person who just wants a couple hundred bucks drives up the losses paid, and then premiums increase. Take a hot shower and some Motrin and suck it up!
Sonia

How much money can i get from an insurence company if i...

New postby Adrianna » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

How much money can i get from an insurence company if i was hit intentionaly with a truck and got whiplash?

Driver was 61 drunk and he backed up too hit me
Adrianna

New postby Mariann » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

I haven't a clue but I bet you could get a lot from the driver's 'insurance' company. Whiplash should be worth a least ten grand if it keeps you from working.
Mariann

How much compensation do u get for whiplash?

New postby Rickey » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

How much compensation do u get for whiplash? How much compensation do u get for whiplash?
Rickey

New postby Nicolle » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

Depends where you are.

Depends who caused the injury.

If the cause of the injury was yourself then, NONE.

In the UK , even if your the innocent party you wouldn't get much.

In the USA with their screwed up compensation system almost anything is possible.

Ian M
Nicolle

How much can my partner get for his whiplash claim?

New postby Joleen » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

My hubby was invoved in an acciden the has got whiplash he was off work for one month, subsequenty he has reduced his hours , he has put in a claim for injuries, loss of earnings ( one month ) , the third party offered a miniscule two thousand one hundred pounds for his injuries,he has been treated with physiotherapy and is still taking medication. We have refused the first offer,can any one give any advice ?, how much would he get approximatly? the cicamstances where, he was stationary at traffic light, and some one hit him from behind. The third party does not claim liablility, how much should he get? has any one out there got any experiances ?
Joleen

New postby Jenniffer » 29 Oct 2012, 03:29

Get an attorney ASAP...don't settle your claim until you talk to an attorney. Check the local yellow pages for a personal injury attorney or you can contact your local or state bar associations...you can also look on the Martindale Hubbell website. Good luck
Jenniffer

Return to Insurance & Registration