Good Student Insurance

Does progressive auto insurance offer good student discount?

New postby Vaughn » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

Does progressive auto insurance offer good student discount?

Thanks
Vaughn

New postby Raleigh » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

Progressive does offer a student discount, but it differs by state, and other conditions. You should not get too held up on what companies offer discounts, you should look more to which companies offer the cheapest insurance.

Most of the time this ends up being a company that does not offer any discount at all. Shop around by getting an online insurance quote at http://www.auto-insurance-knowledge.com ... -auto.html . This will compare all companies in your area and find you the lowest price.

Hope that helps
Raleigh

What is a good health insurance for a college student?

New postby Tobias » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

I am a college student looking for good health insurance. I understand insurance is not cheap but i was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction!
Tobias

New postby Eliana » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

You should look for quotes from multiple insurance companies..

Recommended resources -

http://healthinsuranceace.com
Eliana

What is a good health insurance plan for a student?

New postby Cecile » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

I am about to turn 23, and I will not be eligible on my parent's insurance plan anymore and I am now looking for new health insurance. My school does have an insurance plan, but it is $1800 annually. This seems pretty expensive to me. I am on no prescription medications with no preexisting conditions, and I am not overweight. I live in the Overland Park, KS area. Would you suggest applying online, or could you give any recommendations for websites?
Cecile

New postby Kathern » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

I wouldn't suggest applying online unless you've got time to spend three or four solid days to compare the hundreds of policies that are available. You'll want to visit a local independent agent. This person knows the plans available in your area and can find the best one for your situation in less than an hour. They don't charge you anything for the service.

Be very wary of medical discount cards. They are not regulated by the Department of Insurance nor do the people that sell them need to be licensed. This means you have little recourse when you have problems with the plan. If you are tempted by the low price and claims of “save up to 80%” be aware that very few doctors actually take these cards. It does you little good if you have to drive 4 hours to find a doctor that will accept the card. One state couldn’t find any doctors in that state that took the card and only one dentist who was on probation for unlawful activities so they banned the sale of the card. See this link http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/we ... /74554.htm for more information. Many other states are starting to ban these cards.

Before signing up with any discount plan get a list of doctors. If they won’t give you a list consider it to be a scam. Call the doctors on the list to make sure they’re still taking the card (many don’t even know that they’re listed as a provider) and that they’re accepting new patients.
Kathern

Does progressive insurance give good student discount?

New postby Carmelina » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

When i signed up for the policy, i couldnt find it anywhere, nor can i find it anywhere on their website? When i signed up for the policy, i couldnt find it anywhere, nor can i find it anywhere on their website?
Carmelina

New postby Christoper » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

Well, the answer is going to vary state by state, but they never did in any states I sold their policies in!

You COULD call the number and ask them.
Christoper

Good Student Discount Auto Insurance?

New postby Shayla » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

I have a 3.6 GPA. My grade is A average, but one of my quarter grade was a C, but the final semester came out as a B. Well, anyways, do we just send them the report card that we got or do we have to get the sealed one from school? Thanks! Thanks again!
Shayla

New postby Ashley » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

I usually send them the transcript from school. It can be unofficial too. You can always get a student discount, specially with your gpa, so don't worry about that C, they only look at your overall performance.
Ashley

What is the difference between a "good student"...

New postby Genevive » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

What is the difference between a "good student" and a "full time student" status to a car insurance firm? What is the difference between a "good student" and a "full time student" status to a car insurance firm?
Genevive

New postby Dina » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

A good student generally has B or better grades on average in all classes. A full time student has at least 3 classes per semester, although the rules may vary by the company.

You can take, and fail, 4 classes and be a full time but not good student. You can get an A in the one class you took that semester. and be a good, but not full time student.
Dina

What's a good cheap health insurance for a college...

New postby Rosalia » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

What's a good cheap health insurance for a college student?

My college doesn't offer any health insurance and I don't have much money. What should I do? I need to get my throat checked out.
Rosalia

New postby Alica » 29 Oct 2012, 16:57

Go to your local social service agency to see if your financial situation qualifies under the federal medicaid program. you can also find info' direct from washington offices, by phone look in the phone book under govt. federal. also inet search it works. sometimes a co-pay may be required. it's still the cheapest health insurance for someone your age. for many it's free !!! check it out.
Alica

Where to get "Request For Good Student Policy...

New postby Jenniffer » 29 Oct 2012, 16:58

Where to get "Request For Good Student Policy Discount" from Mercury Auto Insurance?

I mean, I just need the form of this discount policy by web site.
Jenniffer

New postby Vaughn » 29 Oct 2012, 16:58

There's no form. You send a copy of the report card in with a written request. If it's allowed in your state, and Mercury offers it, they'll give it to you.
Vaughn

Previous

Return to Insurance