Self Employed Health Plan

What Is The Best Florida Self Employed Health Insurance...

New postby Nicolle » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

What is the best Florida self employed health insurance plan to buy? What is the best Florida self employed health insurance plan to buy?
Nicolle

New postby Judith » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

A lot will depend on your personal situation and the goals of your company but here are some general guidelines:

1. Individual is much cheaper than group.
2. Group is much easier to be approved for if you have major health problems.
3. You must have at least 2 full time employees in order to purchase a Florida group health insurance plan (unless it is the month of August then you can qualify for a FL group of one health insurance plan).

As long as you shop around and compare quotes from a minimum of 3 reputable FL health insurance companies (United Healthcare, Humana, Aetna, etc.) and then speak with an independent health insurance agent then you should have no problem finding a cheap FL self employed health insurance plan. Here is some more information on self employed health insurance and also some info specifically for Florida residents in the 2nd link:
Judith

What is the cheapest self employed health insurance plan?

New postby Orpha » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

What is the cheapest self employed health insurance plan? What is the cheapest self employed health insurance plan?
Orpha

New postby Ouida » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

One thing that many self employed people do not realize is that they can find a much cheaper individual health insurance plan then they can a group health insurance plan.

Individual plans are much cheaper than group because companies will only accept people onto the plan who are relatively healthy where with group everyone is approved.

Of course, when shopping for the cheapest self employed health plan be sure and shop around and compare offers from many different companies just like when shopping for any other type of plan. Here is some more information on finding the best self employed health insurance plans:
Ouida

What is a discount health insurance plan for self employed..

New postby Bruna » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

What is a discount health insurance plan for self employed in California who is an Urban Planner?

I know that certain trade organizations offer discount health insurance under group rates if you join. However, I am unaware of any groups for a person who is self employed as an expeditor-a person who works in the urban planning field filing cases. He pays a exhoribant monthy premium for his health insurance.
Bruna

New postby Catrice » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

This site has helped me. Great savings!
http://www.premierhealthcaresavings.com/196593/

Good luck to you!
Catrice

What company and what plan is best for individual self...

New postby Yadira » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

What company and what plan is best for individual self employed health insurance in Arizona?

Looking to get a different insurance carrier as a self employed person in Arizona. Looking for input on what company and what plan is best. Thank you.
Yadira

New postby Regina » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

I am a Realtor and have been running into this problem for years. I would find quotes, then apply, and they would then come back to me with an outrageous rate based on the fact that I had a heart murmur on my medical history records. I recieved an email from a company called HR Trust who came up with a neat idea in order to bring back corporate benefits to self employed individuals.

Thier website is www.hrtrust.com. In short they are able to give you an employer through whom you can get true group health benefits with rates that are not based on your health condition or geographic location.

Here is how it works:

HR Trust hires you and then contracts you back to your own self employed business as an assistant. In my case as the Realtor I am simply considered the onsite manager of the HR Trust Contract Employee this is myself. I am billed once a month from HR Trust for the management of thier "employee." This management fee is comprised of the "employee's" health benefits costs, the management fee, and the net payroll and payroll taxes. However, the payroll and payroll taxes equal zero because as an HR Trust contract employee my gross payroll equals my health benefits costs and when HR Trust Deducts the health benefits costs from my gross payroll I am left with a net zero pay and taxable income amount of zero. This works much like a temporary agency setting. You can imagine HR Trust like an agency who trains and hires assistants and then contracts them out to help out self employed people, except that assistant is the self employed individual. It is much like going to work at Starbuck's part time to have an employer to get health benefits through.

It is also great because this is 100% tax deductible from self employment tax because I am paying a management fee to HR Trust for the management of one of thier "employees."

They offer five Medical PPO comprehensive plans with rates that are not based on my medical history. I ended up saving 140$ a month and I also put myself on a higher gross payroll so I could put that money away in thier 401(k) that they also offer. When I hire my first real assistant I can also put her on this plan and get her health benefits as well!

It really has been a life saver for me and my family. I highly reccomend looking into thier program.
Regina

Anyway to get into a group health insurance plan while...

New postby Lucas » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

Anyway to get into a group health insurance plan while self-employed?

I am self-employed and can afford health insurance, but need a policy without preexisting condition exclusions, as are always included with single health insurance.

Is there anyway to get in on a group plan without being employed by a large employer?
Lucas

New postby Darcey » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

Yes, have your SPOUSE be employed by a large employer. That's it.

Sorry.
Darcey

What is the best family health dental plan for the self...

New postby Delena » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

What is the best family health dental plan for the self employed? What is the best family health dental plan for the self employed?
Delena

New postby Lucas » 29 Oct 2012, 14:01

Their was an advertisement on tv for the self employment , That seem to be prety good ,sorry I can't rember it
Lucas

Can anyone suggest a good health insurance plan for a...

New postby Karri » 29 Oct 2012, 14:02

Can anyone suggest a good health insurance plan for a self-employed person in New York?

I'm currently covered through a former employer but that will end next month.
By good I mean affordable!
Kev, what about those giants holding golf clubs?

Lu, maybe someday, but for now I'm stuck here :(
Karri

New postby Soraya » 29 Oct 2012, 14:02

Email chocolate and your dead!! LOL j/k

i thought you were coming to L.A. its cheaper here :{
Soraya

Can you recommend a good health insurance plan for a...

New postby Shana » 29 Oct 2012, 14:02

Can you recommend a good health insurance plan for a self-employed? Can you recommend a good health insurance plan for a self-employed?
Shana

New postby Jeniffer » 29 Oct 2012, 14:02

Insurance is state-run. So it will depend upon your state. Blue Cross is a franchise that is different in each state. BC of MN for example, may be good, but BC of OH may be bad.

It depends on alot of factors. If you are a male, then get a policy with an accident rider. If you are a female, look for something that covers mammograms and pap smears. Any policy you look for, ask about the things that are important to you.

Beware of 'marketing' insurance companies...companies that label themselves "for the self-employed"...oftentimes they are a laundry-list of sub-par coverages that are slick on style, but lack substance. If you want just catastrophic coverage consider an HSA program which is a high-deductible health plan that has tax advantages. Wish I could be more help, but your question is too vague...sort of like 'What's a good car to drive ?" without knowing anything else about you.
Jeniffer

Next

Return to Insurance