Popular Google Searches

What Is The Most Popular Google Search?

New postby Akilah » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

What is the most popular Google search?

Which keyword(s) yeilds the most search results on google?
Akilah

New postby Jenniffer » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

The word 'p.u.s.s.y' is the most common search.

The most search results, in my experiment, blew p.u.s.s.y away. Pussy cats only gets 860 million answers, but if you try this word in a search, you get more than ten BILLION.

Results 1 - 10 of about 13,100,000,000 for a. (0.30 seconds)

try it, search for 'a' on google now.

Don't forget my five star BEST ANSWER

Wow, did you know that s_e_x is a word not allowed by yahoo answers? Is America really so crazy that they can't use words like 'toilet' or 'sex' in public?
Jenniffer

Possible to make my blog more popular in Google search...

New postby Everette » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Possible to make my blog more popular in Google search result?

Lets say I'm starting a blog that is related to Ferrari F1 team

Is there a way I can make my blog a more popular result when people search for Ferrari F1 in Google or something like that?

Right now, i even tried to search for the exact name of my blog and my blog never come up in the search result at all =(

Any ideas? thank you
Everette

New postby Buck » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Why not! but for "Ferrari F1" not easy

You have to consider about

1.results 2.3 mil page not easy
2.top 10 site in results you can complete about Content SEO and PageRank

Google concern On Page and Off Page to ranked
Buck

How do you help your website show up higher in popular...

New postby Genny » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

How do you help your website show up higher in popular search engines such as Google? How do you help your website show up higher in popular search engines such as Google?
Genny

New postby Mercedes » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Mercedes

What makes Google more popular than other search engines?

New postby Fabian » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

You know how you hear "Google it" and never "Yahoo it".

What makes Google more popular in performance than Yahoo?
Fabian

New postby Gisela » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Google has been the most aggressive search engine, in terms of defeating web spam. When you get into the technicalities of how search engines work, there are two big categories - on-page factors and off-page factors.

On-page factors are things that the webmaster can control (ie, manipulate) - as a for-instance, there's what is called a "keywords meta tag." It was designed for webmasters to help tell the search engines what their content is about.

As you can imagine, this was greatly abused by spammers, causing them to rank for searches that they had nothing to do with. From the onset, Google has NEVER relied on the keywords meta tag because of this reason.

Google relies heavily on off-page factors - aka, incoming links. Instead of the webmaster telling Google what their page is about, they rely on what the incoming links for a page have to say.

As an example, if you try to optimize a page to rank for "weight loss diet," but there's a bunch of incoming links pointing to your page that say "cookie diet," Google's likely going to rank you for "cookie diet" and not "weight loss diet."

This technique is called "crowdsourcing" - it's relying on the hundreds of millions of other webpages around the world to accurately represent what different pages are about, by what words they use in the link.

Now the other guys (Yahoo! and MSN) did pick up on this, but Google has further evolved. The old school spam tricks still work on MSN, and Yahoo! does look at incoming links, but Yahoo! works on a "quantity" system, whereas Google has moved into "quality."

As you can imagine, once incoming links were found to greatly increase ranking ability, spammers set across the web to create as many incoming links as possible (this is about the time that your Myspace comments started getting hammered with spam, etc).

Since then, Google now looks at trust factors of the sites that are linking to a certain page. They heavily discount (or eliminate) links from low-value sites, and focus on the links from "trustworthy" domains.

As you can imagine, even that is prone to abuse (I can buy links from some good, high PageRank sites), and so Google has moved out to off-web factors. This deals with how the consumers interact with content - Google Toolbar monitors your web behavior, and through this, they can get an idea of the quality of a website - if a bunch of users visit and quickly leave a certain site, then that site can be assumed to have low quality.

Also, they are watching it from within the SERPs (search engine result page - the thing you see when you do a search in Google). If you click on a result, and then come back (especially if you come back quickly), then again, it can be assumed that the result is either of low quality, or not relevant for your search.

That's kind of a broad sweep as to why, but gives you a good idea. Google's biggest advantage is that they have 200 PhD's working for them, as well as tens of thousands of grad students submitting free work to them, trying to get a job.

Chris

http://www.internetmarketermindset.com/blog/
Gisela

Why do you think google has been such a popular search...

New postby Kamala » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Why do you think google has been such a popular search engine?

I think its because they kept it simple. No commercials. Nothing.
Its loads immediatly. Everyone knows about it.

So why do you think google has been such a popular search engine?
Kamala

New postby Evelina » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Many reasons...
You nailed the most important reason for me... QUICK loading first page, none of the extra crap that every other search portal has.
In addition google's actual results contain more hits from more sites. I really think the pivotal moment in history, however, was when they purchased and archived all the usenet news groups. That was the singular reason I started using them many, many years ago... In fact it was so long ago I'm at a loss at the moment who it was that had the newsgroup archives before google purchased the archives... was it deja?

Even the paid sponsor ads tend to not LOOK like ads... no excessive pictures and crap that slow the loading of the page.
Evelina

Where can I find the most popular search keywords for...

New postby Adam » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Where can I find the most popular search keywords for Google? Where can I find the most popular search keywords for Google?
Adam

New postby Ruby » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

It is called Google Zeitgeist

http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist.html
Ruby

What is the most popular thing people searching through...

New postby Shila » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

What is the most popular thing people searching through Google?

I now mainly use google to search for
1. video
2. image
3. web results

How about you?
Shila

New postby Pamila » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

I use for everything......even i dnt care for correct spell i just put anything in google and he answer me.........
in simple words Google is everything in the hell of internet
Pamila

Google is the largest and most popular search engine on...

New postby Dennis » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Google is the largest and most popular search engine on the Internet today.?

Google is the largest and most popular search engine on the Internet today. Because of its size and popularity, some people claim that Google has enormous power to influence a Web user’s search experience solely by its Web site ranking processes. What do you think about this potential power? How could it be used in negative or harmful ways?
Dennis

New postby Titus » 29 Oct 2012, 04:07

Google does have huge influence over the internet, and thereby the whole world. The company could do nefarious things if it chose to, by manipulating search results. Some things to lessen your concerns though:
1. Google's mission statement is "Don't be evil"
2. Google is starting get a lot of competition from the social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and even Wikepedia
Titus

Next

Return to Internet