Stock On Line

Hi Guys How Does The Safe Harbor Act Apply To Investors...

New postby Denis » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

Hi guys how does the safe harbor act apply to investors when they talk about thier stock on line?

What rights do investors who buy stock have when talking about thier company on line? Thank you !
Denis

New postby Kacie » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

The Safe Harbor Act includes safe-harbor provisions to protect companies which make financial and investment forecasts in public markets. As an investor you have the right of free speech to discuss your stocks. But you can get into a big trouble if you are trying to run a pump and dump scam which falls under what the SEC calls security manipulation.

This is usually done with penny stocks.
Kacie

How can I buying stock on line?And how I can make money in..

New postby Roscoe » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

How can I buying stock on line?And how I can make money in short time?

Don't have lot money to start so anyone can help me with that?I work 6days a week don't really have time to do anything else and I really need to double my income please let me know anything that can help me thank you!
Roscoe

New postby Thea » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

Hi there,

Have you read any materials by Warren Buffet who made his fortune from stocks??

You can double your investment for sure however it's going to take time if you don't have much capital to start with.

It's because when you invest in stocks, once or twice a year you get dividends (returns on investment) and say if your stock values are appreciating,, you not only get dividends (regular income),,, when you sell the stocks you are making profits....

Another possibility is to do day-trading....that is you trade stocks within a day and reaping the benefits if the price fluctuate in your favour throughout the day.........

One final word,,,when you are dealing with stocks, you pay commission fee or transaction fees to brokers,, so even if it seems you are making profits,,, the more transactions you make the more money you pay to your brokers (less income obviously).

I love Buffet's way.....

Good luck and happy investing :)
Thea

I want to try to purchase and sell stock on line? can u...

New postby Stanton » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

I want to try to purchase and sell stock on line? can u tell me how to start?

I am a stay home mom , i want to try buying stock on line and sell it for profit .but i have never done this .can any one help me .tell me which web site to go ? and whats the best way to start it ?
Stanton

New postby Tianna » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

To trade stocks online you need to open an account with an online broker. There are many options: Scottrade, Charles Schwabb, E-Trade, TD Ameritrade, and so on. These all have their different characteristics. For example, Scottrade provides little research and advice but it is very inexpensive ($7 per trade). Also, before you start investing, since you said you've never done this before, I would recommend you read some books on investing such as "RealMoney" by Jim Cramer, "The Little Book that Beats the Market" by Joel Greenblatt, and others. Each of these books promotes a different investing style. Read them and read about them to determine which investing style you will adopt. Once you've done that you can start researching your investments. If you don't feel confident in your ability to wisely choose stocks on your own then I would recommend that you choose a broker that provides a lot of services and advice. A few tips that will help you when you get started.
1) Before you enter any position (buying a stock) be sure that your reasons for buying the stock are sound. A good way to make sure you are buying with good reason and not just on a whim is to explain your to another person why the purchase makes sense. Often things make a lot of sense in our heads but less so when we have to explain it to others. If you can't explain it to others, don't make the purchase.
2) Stay disciplined. The stock market can be intoxicating, and intoxication can lead to bad judgments. For example, if you own a stock that has gone up by 50% you may be reluctant to sell it because the idea of it going higher is just so appealing. If your discipline says that you will sell every stock once it goes up 50%, though, you must sell. Not being disciplined is a recipe for disaster. To avoid this problem you should determine target prices for your stocks, and once they reach the target price you should sell.
Tianna

How much involvement can an acutal brokerage have with on...

New postby Gladys » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

How much involvement can an acutal brokerage have with on line stock trading and investing?

Who will be making these trades , you or the broker? (legally if you trade on line , via a website, you are asking that an order be placed or sold) so is it technically you doing it or the broker?)
If you trade on line do you have to contact the broker to help you make the trade or can you just do it from the website ?
Gladys

New postby Eliana » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

Skip thinking of the website as any different in nature than a phone call or face to face meeting with broker. If you issue an order online you are giving instructions to your broker as to how to behave. In some circumstances they can refuse to allow an online trade. Your broker is attempting to follow your instructions, they are your agent. If you place a market sell order on a NYSE stock then you are instructing them to send a floor broker to the trading post and continue to bid until you are the low bidder on the floor to sell it. They make the trades, but do so on your instructions. They can require you to phone in or even provide written, Medallion guaranteed, instructions.
Eliana

Is there an on-line stock broker in canada that charges...

New postby Ferne » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

Is there an on-line stock broker in canada that charges less than $29/trade without a minimum balance?

I deal with TD Waterhouse and they tell me that there is no other brokerage in Canada that will do cheap trades without a $100 000 minimum household balance or some ridiculous amount of trades per month. Is this true? I pay $29 per trade up to a maximum amount of shares. This gets really expensive especially with low priced stocks.
Ferne

New postby Vannesa » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

That is pure BS. i use questrade.ca and so far i have been contended. they only charge a minimum of 4.95 to 9.95 max per trade. (1c per share). you can also trade in US stocks.

btw, please do your research first when dealing with e trade. i have read a lot of negative feedback about them.
Vannesa

I am looking for a realistic free on-line stock trading...

New postby Osvaldo » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

I am looking for a realistic free on-line stock trading game, anyone know any good ones?

I am thinking about getting into trading stocks, but i have never done it before and i dont know much about it. I am wanting to try it out on games and simulators with fake money before i start investing my own cash.
Osvaldo

New postby Joan » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

I'm on top10traders.com it is a free website and a great way to learn about investing

they give you $100,000.00 of fake money to start with and you can buy and sell anything you want. At the end of each month they rate you against the other people on the website to see where you stand. It is a lot of fun and a great way to learn about investing without you spend a cent of your own money. good luck
Joan

I would like to find a web site that rates on line stock...

New postby Jeanice » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

I would like to find a web site that rates on line stock trading sites?

I would like to open an on-line trading account, but would like some info as to which one and why?
Jeanice

New postby Shaunte » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

Hi, i know what your question means. i also think stock market is a nice place for investing.

I found some useful tips in stock trading. It includes stock basics, how to protect your profit, find a potential increase share, control and manage stock risk, when to sell/buy stock and so on.

http://www.bernanke.cn/stock-trade/

Best Wishes && Good Luck!
Shaunte

How do I buy wal-mart stock on line?

New postby Kit » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

How do I buy wal-mart stock on line?
Kit

New postby Tennie » 28 Oct 2012, 10:38

Open an account with Scottrade, fund your account with money then place a buy order for the number of shares of Walmart you want to buy, keeping in mind that you'll need to have enough money in the account for both the stock purchase & the commission. It's as easy as that.

Happy investing!
Tennie

Next

Return to Investing