Aggravated Assault Charges

If A Person Is Facing Aggravated Assault Charges Causing...

New postby Allena » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

If a person is facing aggravated assault charges causing bodily injuries.What do you think will happen ?

If found guilty & how much time do you think that they can serve in prison?
Well the person that did this is also facing tresspassing charges because he went into private property.He does not have a criminal record.But there are eye witnesses that will testify he tresspassed.
Oh and the victim suffered 26 stiches on his eye and a broke ankle in 2 places.
Allena

New postby Modesta » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

Depends on the seriousness of the crime,if it was a weapon depending on the state it would be more serious. If it was only hands creating the injury it could be less sever.In California if it were a non weapon assault and a first offense, it could be anywhere from 0 to 12 months in jail.If their is a weapon involved depending on the seriousness of the persons injury you would be looking at state time in a penitentiary.It depends on the state your in to start out with.And also if the person committing the crime has prior convictions.If it's a first time offender it will usually go easy!
Modesta

Tennessee jail term for aggravated and reckless aggravated..

New postby Morton » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

Tennessee jail term for aggravated and reckless aggravated assault charges? First time offender?

I have researched and cannot find any information on these charges. First time offenders, do they always get the book thrown at them or does it just depend?
Morton

New postby Akilah » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

This is from the state of Tennessee website which will show you the definitions of the crimes and the penalties---which will differ depending on the facts of the case.
http://www.michie.com/tennessee/lpext.d ... &cp=tncode
Akilah

Someone I know in prison is facing aggravated assault...

New postby Flo » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

Someone I know in prison is facing aggravated assault charges for a fight he didn't start.?

How are those cases usually handled? He has already been moved and has his good time taken away. No judgemental answers please. We're having a rough enough time.
Flo

New postby Setsuko » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

I'd think you might get the types of answers you are seeking by posting this in legal or law enforcement.

Does he at least have money for a good lawyer? A lot of times one's freedom depends on how much they can spend on representation...
Setsuko

Can Aggravated Felonius Assault charges be dropped under...

New postby Jacquelynn » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

Can Aggravated Felonius Assault charges be dropped under certain circumstances?

If I am robbed and I check my robber the next day can I legally hurt him or her without killing them. If I am shot and I find out the shooter the next day will I legally be allowed to commit this type of assault as long as no one is killed?
Jacquelynn

New postby Shin » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

No. Especially not since now there is public proof of calculation to commit the act.
Shin

How can i use PTSD as a defense in an aggravated assault...

New postby Kathaleen » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

How can i use PTSD as a defense in an aggravated assault charge?

I was in my car and a man blocked me exit by standing in front of my car, I stayed in my car and drove slowly till he moved away and police charged me with Agravated assault with my car. I had just been released from the hospital due to PTSD from a home invasion I was a victim in.
Kathaleen

New postby Malia » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

I hope you are okay. Pertinent information:
http://www.forensic-experts.net/newslet ... er_6_1.htm
Discuss this with your attorney. If you do not have an attorney, here is a list of free legal services by state:
http://www.ptla.org/links/services.htm
Malia

What kind of time would you face if you had 3 armed...

New postby Janie » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

What kind of time would you face if you had 3 armed robbery charges, 3 kidnapping, 3 aggravated assault?

And obstruction charges? At first he was offered 10 years but didn't take the deal and wants to take it to trial. PLEASE say lots of years!
Janie

If you file AGGRAVATED ASSAULT charges on a person and the..

New postby Yoko » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

If you file AGGRAVATED ASSAULT charges on a person and the person is served should it show up in news paper?

Well a person pulled a gun on me in Calhoun County, MS to collect a dismissed debt, and the sheriff said he would pick the person up on the charges and investigate. The person was served papers, but it did not show up in the Calhoun County news paper. The Sheriff did not investigate the matter. Should the County Attorney file charges in the County or should he have file charged in Federal Court? What can be done about this matter? The County Attorney who filed for the dismissal of the debt said that he would subpoena the witnesses, but has not at this time and court is on 3/12. The witnesses do not want to act like they know anything now, but I have a surprise if I can get the witnesses in Court. What should I do? Should it really be in Federal Court?
Yoko

New postby Dominga » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

Some papers print that kind of thing,some don't.
Dominga

What happens? first time getting a felony of aggravated...

New postby Sidney » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

What happens? first time getting a felony of aggravated assault charge?

But never had a criminal back ground can u change it to a simple assault?
Sidney

New postby Rosy » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

You cannot change it to anything but you or your attorney can negotiate a plea agreement with the state attorney and they may reduce it, you would then have to plead guilty or Nolo contrende(no contest) and not go to trial just go before the judge and accept the sentence you and the state attorney agree on.~
Rosy

Do you think Da Brat (Shawntae Harris) will do a year is...

New postby Erick » 23 Oct 2012, 11:45

Do you think Da Brat (Shawntae Harris) will do a year is jail for her felony aggravated assault charges?

She was arrested at Jermaine Dupri's last Halloween Costume Party at a ATL club. She got into an argument with a waitress which escalated and then ended up smashing the woman in the face with a full bottle of rum. She was arrested on felony aggravated assault charges. She has been out on bail and it said that she is going to turn herself in later this week. Of course it was a star studded party.

She tore the woman's face up.she had to have stitches and all kinds of stuff.
Erick

Next

Return to Law Enforcement & Police