Dwi Attorneys

Do You Know Of Any GOOD DWI Attorneys In Tarrant County,...

New postby Elinor » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

Do you know of any GOOD DWI attorneys in Tarrant County, Texas?

Im looking for attorneys that are fighting the blood warrant laws. You know where the cops get a warrant and physically take blood from you. Im hoping to find people that actually used an attorney in the state of Texas, county Tarrant and beat a DWI case.Thank you
Elinor

New postby Estefana » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

I actually have a loved one in Tarrant County for DWI and a failure to appear right at this very moment. His attorney is Jeff Hoover, honestly can't say how good or bad he is, although he returned my call on a Saturday which I think is a good sign. Currently my husband has no bond due to the failure to appear but Jeff says he will be able to get him a court date and push for time served (this is his second time in jail for the dwi charge seeing as he didn't complete his end of the agreed upon bargain last year. He was going to do weekends in jail.)
Estefana

Who is the best dwi attorney in the raleigh nc area?

New postby Ouida » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

Who can can keep me from going to jail and maybe bury my case with appeals or whatnot? Who can can keep me from going to jail and maybe bury my case with appeals or whatnot?
Ouida

New postby Tiesha » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

You can always try sites like the one below..They have reviews on the lawyers..Good luck!

http://www.socalattorneyfinder.com
Tiesha

Do DWI/DWI Attorneys charge by flat fee, by the hour, or...

New postby Alethia » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

Do DWI/DWI Attorneys charge by flat fee, by the hour, or both?

One can sometimes save a lot on legal fees when they ask to be billed by the hour. But when it comes to a DWI/DUI case which is a criminal case, do most attorneys automaticly price their services on a flat fee? For this kind of case, could one ask for fees by the hour and not be immediately dismissed as "unreasonable" or "off market"?

And when it comes to accounting for hours spent on a case, most attorneys are less willing to provide an hour by hour accounting, at least from my experence. How common is it to ask for an hour-by-hour accounting? And if a flat fee were charged, could one ask for an hour-by-hour accounting so as to determine the REAL hourly rate the client is paying? Or would to do so invoke the ire of the attorney and potentially "underwhelm" them with the attractiveness of your case such that their attention to your legal need may be less than if they were not required to account for hours spent?
To Responder Salem: I qualified my statement about more attorneys charging by a flat fee with my admission, "to my experience", which has been limited. I've worked with many different attorneys in different areas of law but my sense was that criminal attorneys are more inclined to charge a flat fee. But if you are an attorney or have superior knowledge of the legal industry on a national basis, then I would defer to your knowledge as I ask this question to learn. I did not mean to generalize but since you did not provide your source of information, I'm not sure you can speak to "averages" either unless you have the specific data or a credible and authoritative reference.
Alethia

New postby Barabara » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

You may retain an attorney for either a flat fee or an hourly fee. It really doesn't matter to an attorney as long as they are paid for their time. Even in a flat fee retainer and attorney can only charge you for "reasonable fees and services". That is to say if you paid 10,000.00 for a robbery case and at preliminary hearing the matter was thrown out and dismissed... the attorney still can't keep the whole 10k as that is likely unreasonable...

Attorney's MUST keep track of their time even with a flat fee agreement and MUST provide a detailed statement to their client's if requested! This is required by all attorney's regardless of the case. Any attorney that states otherwise is violating the model rules of professional conduct.
Barabara

What does "motion for disclosure" mean when...

New postby Cheri » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

What does "motion for disclosure" mean when filed by a defendant's attorney in a DWI case?

I need to know for class and havne't been able to find out. Thanks for anyone who can help out.
Cheri

New postby Denis » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

Don't know what state you are in but basically its:

Discovery

(a) Upon motion of the defendant showing good cause therefor and upon notice to the other parties, the court in which an action is pending may order the State before or during trial of a criminal action therein pending or on trial to produce and permit the inspection and copying or photographing by or on behalf of the defendant of any designated documents, papers, written statement of
the defendant, (except written statements of witnesses and except the work product of counsel in the case and their investigators and their notes or report), books, accounts, letters, photographs, objects or tangible things not privileged, which constitute or contain evidence material to any matter involved in the action and which are in the possession, custody or control of the State or any of its agencies. The order shall specify the time, place and manner of making the inspection and taking the copies and photographs of any of the aforementioned documents or tangible evidence; provided, however, that the rights herein granted shall not extend to written communications between the State or any of its agents or representatives or employees. Nothing in this Act shall authorize the removal of such evidence from the possession of the State, and any inspection shall be in the presence of a representative of the State.

(b) On motion of a party and on notice to the other parties, the court in which an action is pending may order one or more of the other parties to disclose to the party making the motion the name and address of each person the other party may use at trial to present evidence under Rules 702, 703, and 705, Texas Rules of Evidence. The court shall specify in the order the time and manner in which the other party must make the disclosure to the moving party, but in specifying the time in which the other party shall make disclosure the court shall require the other party to make the disclosure not later than the 20th day before the date the trial begins.
Denis

Anyone know a good DWI attorney in NM?

New postby Alaina » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

Anyone know a good DWI attorney in NM?

In need of a good DWI attorney in Southeast NM. Anyone?
Alaina

New postby Alethia » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

Not directly, but ask around for an attorney w/ juice in the court house, enough to buy your way out, the attorney that drinks, plays golf w/ the judge, then strike a deal.................
Alethia

Can a good attorney make a dwi charge go away?

New postby Santos » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

Can a good attorney make a dwi charge go away?

Who do you recommend in raleigh nc?
Santos

New postby Joycelyn » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

They can usually turn it into a reckless charge or something with fewer consequences.
Joycelyn

! need help finding 2 quotes from 2 different attorneys...

New postby Abbey » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

! need help finding 2 quotes from 2 different attorneys about their fee for handling a 1st time DWI charge?

It's for a paper im writing and the two quotes are suppose to include a) a quote for handling a plea agreement and b) a quote for handling a full trial
Abbey

New postby Shayla » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

I charged $2500 for a plea, $6500 for a full trial.
Shayla

I can't afford an attorney for my DWI case. What do I...

New postby Katherin » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

I can't afford an attorney for my DWI case. What do I do?

I live in San Antonio, Texas. I am recently divorced. I have a DWI from 2006 but I can't afford an attorney. My court date is scheduled for June 30th. What do I do?

Please serious answers only.
Katherin

New postby Jalisa » 23 Oct 2012, 15:46

Have a public defender appointed; or plead guilty and live with it. Otherwise, try and find an atty who sets up a payment plan; sure to go better.
Jalisa

Next

Return to Law Enforcement & Police