Abortion Nyc

What Is The NYC Governments' View On Abortion?

New postby Jeannie » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

What is the NYC governments' view on abortion? What is the NYC governments' view on abortion?
Jeannie

New postby Rolland » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

There is no NYC legislation of relevance on the topic. Do you mean to ask what the mayor's opinion is?
Rolland

I need a free abortion clinic in nyc area im broke were...

New postby Bea » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

I need a free abortion clinic in nyc area im broke were not ready for no kids so may anyone please let me know? I need a free abortion clinic in nyc area im broke were not ready for no kids so may anyone please let me know?
Bea

New postby Kisha » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

You can go to your nearest planned parenthood and apply for an emergency medicaid, they usually do all the paperwork there in the clinic ,and get you approved the same day for the medicaid and have the procedure done the same day too...good luck
Kisha

How much is an abortion at 3 weeks in NYC?

New postby Gladys » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

How much is an abortion at 3 weeks in NYC? How much is an abortion at 3 weeks in NYC?
Gladys

New postby Goldie » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

It will cost you Guilt, resentment, and pain for the rest of your life!
Goldie

Abortion/storage billboard in NYC?

New postby Kacey » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

Www.nypress.com/images/abortion.jpg Ok so i have to right a paper on media influence and i came upon this billboard. Im sure it's pro choice but i want Your opinions thank you
sorry i meant write
Kacey

New postby Janise » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

It's pro-choice, definitely. it's basically saying that even though women's right to choose what they want to do with their own body is becoming less and less of a choice, they're going to find a way to do it anyway (basically with a clothes hanger).
Janise

Can A child have an abortion without her parents knowing...

New postby Londa » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

Can A child have an abortion without her parents knowing in the state of Florida? Im from NYC,?

And I know you can do that there. The Doctor kicked my mom out the exam room when I was 15. I was just wondering about here. Can children obtain birth control and other prescription medicine without parental consent?
Im NOT getting an abortion! Im a guy Im 23 and I wanted to know if Florida laws are like NY laws in regards to Abortion and Privacy. NY deals with children throwing their babies in garbage cans, and they came up with the law stating that parents could not ask a doctor about their child's illness unless the child gave consent. (if its like an std or something). It saved my relationship with my mom because there are things I needed time to tell her and appreciated the doctors taking care of me without letting the whole clan know.
Londa

New postby Chantell » 25 Oct 2012, 20:28

Tallahassee, FL (LifeNews.com) -- A Federal judge has turned back a request from the Planned Parenthood abortion business to stop enforcement of a parental notification law that requires it and other abortion centers to let the parents of a minor teen know when she's thinking of having an abortion.
"Florida has carefully crafted a parental notification statute that serves a compelling state interest," Stafford said, according to an AP report.

Senior U.S. District Judge William Stafford cites the Supreme Court's recent decision in a case about a New Hampshire law as saying the court doesn't think there is a basis for overturning such laws wholesale.

He noted the Supreme Court wrote that states have a right to require parental notification due to their "strong and legitimate interest in the welfare" of minor teens who need parental help in an unplanned pregnancy.

The law took effect on June 30 after Stafford refused to grant Planned Parenthood's request for a temporary injunction while the case progressed.

Stephanie Grutman, director of the Florida Association of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, told the Associated Press the abortion centers have not decided whether to appeal the decision.

"We were disappointed today that the court did nothing to" invalidate the law, she said.

In a statement issued by the office of Attorney General Charlie Crist, he said the ruling backs up the strong 65-35 percent vote from Florida voters who approved a state constitutional amendment allowing parental notification.

"If parents must be notified when their children have their tonsils removed, they should be notified in this situation as well," Crist said.

One issue that Judge Stafford did not decide has to do with whether the law is an "undue burden" on girls seeking abortions by dividing the state into five judicial districts and requiring a parental notification waiver to come from within the district in which the girl lives.

The frequency of judges in Florida to grant teenagers permission to have abortions and avoid the state's parental notification law has pro-life advocates concerned.

One state lawmakers plans legislation to tighten up the legal requirements for the judicial bypass.

More than 120 teenagers have appeared before judges in the last six months with a request to have an abortion without telling their parents. In most of the cases, the secret abortion is approved.

The judicial bypass provision was included in the bill to protect teens who are victims of abuse. But abortion advocates are exploiting the provision and hiring attorneys and legal experts to help teens in positive family situations obtain secret abortions.
Chantell

Return to Law & Ethics