Back Injury Settlements

What To Wear To Court For Back Injury Settlement?

New postby Vina » 29 Oct 2012, 08:03

I have a work comp claim that I'm settling and was wondering if anyone out there has any idea what would be best to wear? I thought nice but kinda shabby, say I need the money.the job was from waitressing so I kinda like looking like I can dress like a waitress.any other ideas? Wardrobe is limited as I gained a little weight since I've had steady income.back injuries do that!
Vina

New postby Many » 29 Oct 2012, 08:03

Nothing flashy or bright. If you have a back injury you don't want to wear something that hurts your back or that hurts when you put it on. Probably a nice dress with low sandles. Dresses are so much easier to put on...Wear dark colors, black, brown, dark blue with alittle white mixed in. Do not wear pink or anything meek. Absolutely do not wear Red for it is intimadating. You are right about one thing the color you wear and what you wear into a court room can win or loose your case...
Many

Lawyer Workers compensation ? in MO. How many years does...

New postby Penni » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

Lawyer Workers compensation ? in MO. How many years does it take for a back injury settlement?

I injured back in 01. lawyer gets 25% + cost. I will Not ever work again. How long does it take?
What kind of $ could be settled for ? Would you receive 2\3 of your wages? I have only had prehearings & Dr.visits, & medications. It cost $75.00 per ph call. Or will I end up with zip. I have asked my lawyer this many times and never get any kind of answer.
Penni

New postby Joey » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

It's unfortunate to hear about your situation. I was injured once when a car backed over my foot at work. My company tried to settle with me fast because I knew they were try to get me to sign some papers to release them from responsibility. I called a nearby injury lawyer in my area who gave me great advice and I was able to get a medium sized settlement to cover my medical bills that weren't covered by my work insurance. I'd suggest you find a accident lawyer in your area. http://www.accidentlawyerlocator.com My lawyer was help me because they stand to make some money from any potential case. Try calling a injury lawyer to see if they can help.

Heop everything works out.
Joey

Back injury settlement question?

New postby Stephanie » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

O.k. i' ve been injured for 3 years.I am now disabled, I herniated my l4 /l5 disc . It desicated and the surgeon did a replaced disc fusion .I also have incontinence issues which is caused by the back injury the urologist has done a interstem pace maker for my bladder, it's not still functioning properly . ( my bladder ) Now I will most likely never work full -time or meaningfully again .I as well need a optional surgery for a artificail sphincter ,it may help.Now the insurance company is going out of it's way to give me a hard time and it is now settlement time. my question is how do I gage a fair amount and does anyone have a idea of where i should monitarrily wise with a settlement
it was work related i was a chef
Stephanie

New postby Pearline » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

You need to have an attorney to deal with these issues for you. They will keep the insurance company from harrassing you, and they know what a fair settlement is. People on their own usually have unrealistic expectations, and can therefore end up getting nothing.
Pearline

What kind of settlement can I expect from a lawsuit after...

New postby Osvaldo » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

What kind of settlement can I expect from a lawsuit after sustaining a back injury and subsequent surgery? What kind of settlement can I expect from a lawsuit after sustaining a back injury and subsequent surgery?
Osvaldo

New postby Edmundo » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

If Ur back injury is permanent, caused by such a bad design of the workplace or the method U perform the work, then U can gain alot. it is what they call MSD (Musculo Skeletal Disorder). People R already gaining alot from this. thats why they invented the human factor engineering science :)
Edmundo

How much will an insurance company pay for a sever back...

New postby Ferne » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

How much will an insurance company pay for a sever back injury, out of court, settlement?

I had 2 surjerys to have my l4-l5 l5-s1 disc fusion on my spine with a bone graph along with all the rods in my back, how much would you say or heard someone getting hurt like this at work and getting a settlement in cash for?
Ferne

New postby Hung » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

I assume you have already filed a worker's compensation claim.

Assuming you have, the worker's compensation laws vary slightly from state to state, so how much you will receive as a settlement will depend on your state's laws.

In general, the amount of compensation an injured party receives from worker's compensation is determined by the effect it has on his or her earning capacity. One method of calculating this is by the percentage of permanent disability you have as a result of the injury. For instance, in NC a 30% PPD (that's about average in NC for a back fusion at those levels) would entitle a person to 90 weeks of compensation at the person's compensation rate, assuming the person had been able to return to work earning the same or greater wages as before the injury.

However, under worker's compensation law the injured party is entitled to select the remedy most favorable to him or her, and if the employee has not been able to return to making the same or greater wages than before the injury, calculation of compensation based upon the percentage of disability may not be the most favorable remedy available. It may be that the person's most favorable remedy would be to elect to receive compensation based on diminished wages.

If you're not familiar with your state's worker's compensation laws, I'd strongly suggest you consult with an attorney to ensure that you select the most favorable remedy available to you, when the time comes.

Btw, it does no good to ask how much someone else may have gotten for a similar injury in a worker's compensation case. For one thing, worker's compensation is a limited form of compensation that doesn't compensate for pain and suffering, and each claim is different. The amounts recovered by two injured parties with the same type of injury may vary widely simply by having different insurance companies handling their claims. For another thing, people often lie and exaggerate the amounts they received in settlement.
Hung

I have a back injury and signed for settlement . their is...

New postby Elenore » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

I have a back injury and signed for settlement . their is a low if i like to cancel ?or their is limit if st

I signed all ready but did not got the mony frome the eterny yet .becuse he say it wull be 40 .ooo now is 38.000
so whte do i do in this caisse?
thx for your help
i do not now my right after this .
Elenore

New postby Dian » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

Please re-post or edit your question. Otherwise, call your attorney and find out if there has been some miscommunication. If you signed a settlement release, your done. I have a strong feeling that you really had no idea what you were signing.
Dian

Settlement for back injury?

New postby Dierdre » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

Back with 3 herinated disc. hit with forklift. what is a good settlement.
Dierdre

New postby Ardath » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

I was a Passenger in a car and I went through the windshield and have a dislocated disk in my neck and I got 10,000 dollars out of it, that was with paying my medical bills too.
Ardath

What would be a fair settlement for back injury.if surgery..

New postby Sachiko » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

What would be a fair settlement for back injury.if surgery is done? What would be a fair settlement for back injury.if surgery is done?
Sachiko

New postby Tiana » 29 Oct 2012, 09:37

It depends on what you mean by the term "settlement"
A FULL AND FINAL settlement is where you waive your future rights to any benefit and the insurance company pays you a Full and Final Settlement.
A "settlement" for permanency is where they ONLY pay you for the percentage of permanent partial disability. IF this is the case, it should be 5%, or more, of the whole person PLUS any loss of range of motion. IF you are in NY, and your claim falls under NYS jurisdiction. MAKE SURE YOU GET CLASSIFIED PPD BEFORE July 1, 2007. IF you get classified PPD before July 1, 2007, you still would qualify to claim lifetime benefit payments. IF you wait until AFTER July 1, 2007, you may LOSE THE opportunity to collect lifetime benefits. Sure would be nice if we knew what state jurisdiction your claim has.
Here are some sites that have great workers comp info
http://www.GettingWorkersComp.com
http://www.WorkerComp.GettingWorkersComp.com

Initially doing a FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT may sound like a great financial windfall. A word of caution - THINK TWICE before settling. Here are some THINGS TO consider:

Do you know whether your injury appears to be long-term?
Has your doctor mentioned FUTURE SURGERY?
Will you need MEDICATION in the future?
ONCE YOU SETTLE, the workers comp carrier is ONLY obligated to pay you the remaining TTD (Temporary Total Disability benefits.) Then they will pay whatever PPD (Permanent Partial Disability) benefits you may be entitled to receive.
IF your condition gets worse, you COULD petition to re-open, ONLY IF you settled ONLY for the PPD portion, BUT IT WILL BE ONE HECK OF AN UPHILL BATTLE. IF you settled FULL AND FINAL, then you will NOT be allowed to re-open you case - unless you can prove a material mistake of fact has been made.
Here are some ADDITIONAL issues to consider:

WHAT STATE has jurisdiction over your claim. SOME states pay LIFETIME BENEFITS!
((that all depends on WHICH STATE has jurisdiction)) IF you settle your claim with a “full wash” claim - ((where you surrender future rights)), you may LOSE the lifetime benefit payments.
Will you need SURGERY in the future?
WHO will pay for medications you may need because of your work-related injury, after you settle?
Is your employer talking about a “full wash” - that means that you surrender any and all rights to future benefits?
IF the above is true, then make SURE that they pay you enough to cover the following
ALL of the PPD benefits you are entitled to receive
ALL future costs to cover surgery you may need
((Applies ONLY if your doctor states you will need surgery))
Enough money to cover ALL FUTURE MEDICATION
If you find another job, what if you become disabled again,
because of this injury? Workers comp WILL deny your
request to re-open if you start working for another employer.
IF you are NOT working at the time the settlement is proposed, remember that the monies that they pay you will dwindle as you pay for your living expenses.

You may want to consult with an attorney who specializes in workers comp cases to get a better picture of what your case is REALLY WORTH. EVEN if your attorney takes a portion of your settlement, it is better to have the peace of mind KNOWING that your claim was fairly settled.

Get some Free workers comp information with How-To strategy ideas - visit
http://www.WorkersCompHellRaiser.wordpress.com

For Free workers comp information - visit http://www.GettingWorkersComp.com

IF you want to see workers comp Blogs -
Here is a Blogsite that give Free workers comp information -
http://workerscompinsidesecrets.blogspot.com/

IF you claim falls under NY jurisdiction, then you may want to visit
http://www.NYSWorkerComp.GettingWorkersComp.com
Tiana

Next

Return to Other - Beauty & Style