Bose Dvd Player

Can I Play HD DVD Movies From My Bose DVD Player?

New postby Lavone » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

I have a DVD player and I would like to ask if I can play HD_DVD movies on my Boselife style 28 or do i need a separate HD_DVD player
Lavone

New postby Loma » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

HD-DVD (as well as BLU-RAY) DVDs can only be played on dedicated players. You can get Toshiba HD-A2 for $299 plus 5 free HD-DVD movies! (I think the offer is good till the end of the month).
Loma

Does companion 5 series of Bose be connected to DVD player?

New postby Guadalupe » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

Can the companion 5 series be attachedd to TV? Can I watch DVD movies through DVD player and have surround effect of companion 5 Bose?
Guadalupe

New postby Shana » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

Yes, but you wont be able to use the optical or coaxial cable. You will be using a 3.5mm to Stereo converter because theres only two input sources for the companion 5. Its either USB or 3.5mm input jack.
The Companion 5 is designed to be used on a computer to get the most out of it but you can use it with any other source as long as you are able to plug it in via 3.5mm port.

Hope that helps.
~PinoyPlaya
Shana

How do I connect my Cable TV box, recordable DVD player,...

New postby Ginette » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

How do I connect my Cable TV box, recordable DVD player, Bose Sound System to my HD TV?

I have one HD cable that will go from the cable box to the HD TV. My DVD is both a player & can record. I also have a Bose Sound System. All of the cables have me lost. A diagram would be helpful.
Here is what I've done so far:
Connected the Coaxial Cable from the wall to the Cable Converter box. Connected HDMI cable from TV to Cable Converter Box. I do not know how to connect the Sony DVD Recorder & the Bose sound system. I do not have any more HDMI imputs on the back of the DVD recorder or Bose sound system. I do have S-Video cables plus Monster cables but don't know what to do with them. Do I need another Coaxial Cable? Please give your answers in steps as I do not understand all of this. Thanks.
One other thing. My TV has many source selection imputs. i.e. Ant 1, Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, Color Stream HD1, Color Stream HD2, HDM 1, Ant 2.this has me more confused than ever.
My TV is a Toshiba 65" HD projection.
Ginette

New postby Herbert » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

First, have the coaxial cable coming from the wall jack, going into the Input in the cable box. Then, have another coaxial cable going from the output in the cable box, to the input in the DVD recorder. Then, have another coaxial cable going from the output in the DVD recorder, to the input in your TV. Then, run a stereo RCA cable from the audio output in your TV, to the RCA input in your sound system. Now, the cable box and dvd recorder are on channel 3 or 4, and the sound will go through the sound system.
Herbert

What bose sytem is good with an HDtv and Blu ray dvd player?

New postby Stepanie » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

I dont need a whole home theater system since i already have the blu ray. I'm mainly wanting just some nice surround sound speakers. What is the best bose speakers i can get for the cheapest that will work with the hi-def appliances
Stepanie

New postby Gretta » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

Boldly
Over-priced
Stereo
Equipment

First thing, check out why Bose isn't worth the money: http://www.avtruths.com/bose.html

Assuming you have one of the 5 Blu-ray Disc players on the planet which supports the latest HD audio formats, this Onkyo "all-in-one" system for $1,000 will make sure you take full advantage of the Blu-ray format. Click the link: http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT- ... ystems&p=i

For complete listing of those "5" Blu-ray Disc players which decode and transmit "HD audio" (DolbyTrueHD/DTSHD Master Audio), scroll down near the bottom of this link: http://www.avtruths.com/uncompressed.html
Gretta

Digital audio input to Bose Home Theater. Should I connect..

New postby Roosevelt » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

Digital audio input to Bose Home Theater. Should I connect from DISH DVR or DVD player - or combine?

Both the DVD/VCR player and the DISH satelite DVR have Digital audio outputs. Which shoild I conect to the Bose Home Theater or is it a matter of which we watch the most of? The DVD/VCR has a coax style hookup, the DISH DVR has the optical style.
Roosevelt

New postby Wanita » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

I don't think that there as many TV programs with 5.1 Dolby Surround, but now all DVDs have surround.
If you have only one connection, connect the DVD. You can always connect the stereo out from the Dish and use virtual surround
Wanita

Is it possible to dezone a Bose 3.2.1. dvd player ? If so,..

New postby Garnet » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

Is it possible to dezone a Bose 3.2.1. dvd player ? If so, how ?
Garnet

New postby Pablo » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

No, infact you cannot dezone any DVD player without changing it internally, and the modern DVD players are almost impossible to do even with that. On the internet you may find sites promising codes to de-zone a DVD player, but most of these of frauds. It is true that on some older DVD players this way allowed, but by law it is no longer available. If you must get a Zone-Free DVD player than you'll have to buy one on the internet and hook it to your bose system. You will still get surround sound.
Pablo

Bose 321 & Upconvert DVD player?

New postby Ardath » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

I have a 1080P TV with two HDMI ports and optical etc. I'd like to hook my Bose 321 up for audio and a new DVD player with upconverting HDMI connection. What's the best way? My Bose system is the first generation and has no HDMI or component connections for that matter. It does have optical but not sure if it's digital or what (not familiar with that type).
Sounds good, do I hook up the Bose with the optical cable directly to the TV and the DVD with the HDMI cables directly to the TV?
Ardath

New postby Bea » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

If you are using the DVD player to play all of your movies you no longer need to connect the Bose video output to the TV except for initial set-up. The HDMI cable goes to the TV from the DVD player and the optical out from the DVD player goes to the optical input on the Bose system. This will send picture to the TV (sound too but don't use the TV speakers)and sound to the Bose. Also make sure that if you have a cable box, Sat box or just the TV for TV watching you send an audio signal from that device to the Bose too. This way you can get better TV sound as well.
The optical is for digital sound.
Bea

Can i use the same factory bose stereo in my pathfinder...

New postby Rodolfo » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

Can i use the same factory bose stereo in my pathfinder and get the dvd player from nissan without changing it

My factory bose had a cd problem and i was having to wait awhile to replace it with another so i had it replaced with another stereo and i didnt have control of my dvd player the factory screen wouldnt turn on so i put the old bose back in and they replaced it with another bose deck and i still cant get the dvd to work and i had to take it to a stereo shop they checked the wiring and they said that the wires were ok and they cant understand why the screen wont play the player gets power cause it will eject and accept a dvd but just wont show on the screen and they said the cd player must not be dvd capatable like the the other was and they said probably this cd player is the wrong one. i called nissan and asked if i was to get the cd player and wanted to get the factory dvd unit would i have to change head units and they said no. could i have burned out fuses? or what can i do to fix the problem? can it be bad wires the screen gets power but no video,no image. help PPPlease!
Rodolfo

New postby Toi » 26 Oct 2012, 18:26

What does bose say about the problem it sounds like that the display itself is bad just as in a portable laptop you can replace the display buy itself but find a really good electronics shop that deals with these type of problems get an est to repair and go from there it sounds like you have been getting alot of MISinformation about what is wrong the dealer will take the unit out and send it to the repair shop dealers dont work on raidos the sublet them to the radio repair shop sooooooooo take it to the repair shop yourself and go from there hope this helps
Toi

Next

Return to Other - Electronics