Medical Alert Necklace

Where Do You Get A Medical Alert Necklace/Bracelet?

New postby Carmelina » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

My mom tells me that I have to get one now that I've turned 18 & am going to college soon or whatever. I prefer a necklace because the bracelet seems too geriatric for me. Oh and it is for asthma. kthanks.
Carmelina

New postby Soo » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

Go to your neighborhood pharmacy. On the counter you will find brochures for medical alert tags / bracelets.

Choose a company that will put your info into a national data base, and keep it available to medical personnel in case you are ever in a position of needing medical care and cannot speak for yourself.
Soo

What is best info to put on medical alert necklace for ICD?

New postby Jarred » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

What is best info to put on medical alert necklace for ICD? What is best info to put on medical alert necklace for ICD?
Jarred

New postby Chantell » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

Always carry an ID card that states you are wearing a pacemaker or an ICD. In addition, you should wear a medical identification bracelet that states you have a pacemaker or ICD. You should ask your Doctor for specifics on what to put on your medical alert necklace.

There is a wealth of information on this website. If you scroll down to the bottom you will see all the precautions and a large list of other sites that may be helpful to you.

http://www.memorialhealth.com/universit ... eid=P06531

Good luck and God Bless! :)
Chantell

Where can you get a nice looking medical alert bracelet,...

New postby Hulda » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

Where can you get a nice looking medical alert bracelet, or necklace?

I am allergic to latex, the doctor says i need an alert bracelet. But all of them i see are well, it looks like a grandma should wear it, and if your a grandma, i'm sorry for the insult. :D I'm a teen, i'm mean.
Hulda

New postby Carlotta » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

I have one of these. People say it's cute: http://www.americanmedical-id.com/marke ... ed_clasp=0

These are a bit offbeat, but neat: http://www.laurenshope.com/
Carlotta

Should I be wearing a medical alert bracelet or necklace?

New postby Shala » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

I'm on about 4 different anti-depressants: clonazepam, venlafaxine, aripiprizole and depakote.how do I know if I should be wearing a medical alert notice in case something happens? I'm on about 4 different anti-depressants: clonazepam, venlafaxine, aripiprizole and depakote.how do I know if I should be wearing a medical alert notice in case something happens?
Shala

New postby Thea » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

If you think you should be wearing medical identification stating your medications, wear one. Even a tag with the names of your medications but no hotline [such as the one provided with MedicAlert membership] could be helpful to doctors or paramdeics in an emergency.
Thea

Does anyone know if Medicaid will pay for a medical alert...

New postby Dannette » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

Does anyone know if Medicaid will pay for a medical alert id bracelet or necklace for my son who has asthma? Does anyone know if Medicaid will pay for a medical alert id bracelet or necklace for my son who has asthma?
Dannette

New postby Gisela » 27 Oct 2012, 19:19

Unfortunately they will not pay for that my dear. I have MS and had asked them if they would pay for the bracelet and they said Medicaid does not pay for that as it is not a prescription. Sorry to hear about your son, I hope he will be okay. I had to order an id bracelet through the mail and it cost me $30.00 for a silver/metal bracelet, the gold cost more. If you have a local supermarker that has a pharmacy, they should have some of those placecards with the bracelets/neclases on display for you to take home. Good luck.
Gisela

Return to Other - Health