Sleeping Better

How do you have better sleeping positions?

New postby Alejandro » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

I sleep well at night but when I wake up, I'm usually on my stomach or on the side with my shoulders hunched up (adds to slouching) . My shoulder blades are protruding a bit from my back and I want to slowing get it back. Is there some way to wake up upright and to not wake up literally shrugging?
Alejandro

New postby Jamal » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

Sleeping on a soft bed or couch can strain neck and back muscles since the three curves of the spine are not adequately supported. Sleeping on your stomach is not recommended since it can cause additional strain on the neck and back. Make sure you have a firm mattress that keeps the spine aligned and supports the spinal curvatures. The best sleeping positions are on your back or side. A pillow can be placed under the knees when lying on your back to take pressure off of the lower back.
http://www.healthybackchiro.com/healthy_back_tips.php

Sleeping on your side
If you find sleeping on your side comfortable, the best way to ensure maximum comfort is to bend your legs slightly and to have a pillow between your legs, or even a full length body pillow. This position can help keep your skips level and reduce any pain you might have there.

Sleeping on your back
Sleeping on your back can be very good if you have lower back pain. The best position to be in is to put a pillow under your knees to remove the strain from your lower back.

Sleeping on your stomach
It is generally not good for your back to sleep on your stomach, but if you need to for some specific reason, then it will help reduce back strain if you put a pillow under your pelvis and abdomen. As well, using a pillow in this position will also cause strain on your neck, so try sleeping without a pillow, or with a very small one.
Jamal

Question about sleeping bags - do babies sleep better if...

New postby Lasonya » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

Question about sleeping bags - do babies sleep better if their feet are being held together or lose?

Or is it just a question of age?
Lasonya

New postby Tiesha » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

It's a question of age, mostly, although some young babies like to have their legs loose, too. My first daughter liked to be swaddled for the first several months, but my second went straight to a sleep sack after about a month. I still have my older one in sleep sacks at two years old! I like them because they stay put, unlike blankets, which kids can easily kick off. I also don't like the idea of blankets in the crib, but I'm just anal like that.
Tiesha

When was the last time you rotated your mattress?...

New postby Jalisa » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

When was the last time you rotated your mattress? Supposedly, it makes for better sleeping?

This one of those utterly useless questions that I had to ask.
Jalisa

New postby Desire » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

I've got a Tepur-Pedic, I don't need to rotate it.
Desire

How do I get on a better sleeping schedule?

New postby Tiesha » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

I went on vacation to Hawaii and from where I am it is a 6 hour difference. Ever since then I have been on a terrible sleeping schedule. I go to bed at 4 in the morning or even 5 and wake up at 2 in the afternoon. how should I fix this?
Yeah, that was my problem. I would nap whenever I woke up early I would eventually fall asleep.
Tiesha

New postby Alysha » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

No matter what time you go to bed -- set an alarm to wake up earlier on in the day.

that way you'll be tired earlier at night && you'll go to sleep earlier..

oh, and no naps during the day! =]
Alysha

Any good tips for better sleeping while pregnant?

New postby Shala » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

I'm 26 weeks and miserable at night. I was given a long body pillow for Christmas but it's not so great. What else can I do to sleep comfortably and without waking up sore and stiff? I'm having to shift sides every hour or so because one side goes numb or hurts and ofcourse I can't sleep on my back or stomach. 1st pregnancy. Is this just something I'll have to deal with for the next 3 months- Help!
Shala

New postby Osvaldo » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

Lots of pillows! lol thats what i did. i had one to elevate my feet. 1 in between my knees, 1 for my side, 1 for my arm, 1 for my back an 1 for my head. can never have enough pillows when ur pregnant
Osvaldo

Does wearing a sleeping bag helps ur baby sleep better?

New postby Dorinda » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

Just wanna seek out opinions and tots. feel free to share with me, thanks.
i just started using a sleeping bag with my 6 mths old daughter and guess wat.
she's asleep all night from 10pm to 7am! never did this happen since she was born. how i wish i've get the bag earlier on!
Dorinda

New postby Abbey » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

With my three it did when i used balnkets they would kick them off which wakes them up because they get cold also gro bags are safer as they baby carnt pull over there face like they can with a blanket, but just try it as all babies are different.
Abbey

What is better: sleeping on a hard or soft bed?

New postby Shayla » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

What is better: sleeping on a hard or soft bed?

What type of bed is better for your posture of sleep?
Shayla

New postby Laveta » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

Neither . It is your preference.However it is the Quality and support of the mattress and foundation that make the difference in a good nights sleep.
Laveta

I have trouble sleeping away from home and im going away...

New postby Edmundo » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

I have trouble sleeping away from home and im going away today, any tips to sleep better? without sleeping pil?

** i really don't want to take a sleeping pill. i might take benedryll though. not sure yet.
Edmundo

New postby Milagros » 23 Oct 2012, 09:39

I do too! Especially hotels..I try to wear myself out..go out, walk around..so by the time I get to wherever I'm gonna sleep, I pass out..I never take sleeping pills though..I also stay up watchin tv or just try to relax reading, doin word search, something that will tire my mind so then I could pass out..good luck!
Milagros

PreviousNext

Return to Other - Health