1. The South Fork of the American: This is the most popular rafting trip in California because it has fun Class III rapids, a long rafting season, and it is relatively safe. Spring and Summer.
2. The North Fork of the American: Steep Class IV rapids in a tight gorge with crystal clear water. This is the premier class IV trip on the American River. This makes a great trip for those of you that want a technical challenge. Spring and early Summer.
3. The Tuolumne: This river is the cream of the crop with famous Class IV rapids and "Wild and Scenic" scenery. Located near Yosemite National Park, most of the river trips take advantage of the great hikes and spectacular scenery by spending a night or two in the canyon. Spring and Summer.
4. The Cal Salmon: This California rafting trip is for those of you that are hooked. Near the California-Oregon border, this river is well worth the drive for the numerous Class IV rapids and three famous Class V rapids. You'll set up a base camp as you explore different sections of this river. Spring only.
5. Forks of the Kern: This three day trip has over 40 Class IV rapids and 3 big Class V's. Granite boulders, breathtaking vistas, and huge waterfalls make this a spectacular rafting trip. You'll have to hike two miles into the put-in and warm-up on some other class IV rivers first, though. Spring only.