Orange Saving Account

ING Direct Orange Saving Account - Can I Transfer Funds...

New postby Ariel » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

ING Direct Orange Saving Account - Can I transfer funds back and forth to my regular bank savings account?

I was looking to invest a large sum of money with ING Direct online bank. If I do that and I happen to need money, can I transfer funds out of my ING account into my regular banks savings account. How hard is it, and how long does it take to receive funds. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Ariel

New postby Georgine » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

You've gotten some good answers already. The ING Direct phone number is 1-800-ING-DIRECT; they should be able to answer any other questions you may have about how it works.

Here's a link describing their savings accounts:
http://home.ingdirect.com/products/prod ... ngsAccount

It's easy to transfer money between banks. It does take a few days for deposits and transfers to process.

You can compare banks and accounts at
http://www.bankrate.com/
Georgine

Is ING Direct banking Orange Saving Account worth it?

New postby Judith » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

I was directed to ING by a co-worker, the APY is 2.50% but it's an online bank, if i were to go for this, is it easy, convenient, and hassle free? Does anybody use this account?
Judith

New postby Kelley » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

I think it's worth it. The rate is pretty competitive with other online banks. I have a savings account with ING and I've been very pleased. The account setup seemed very easy and only took 15 minutes or so. I endorse them very strongly. One caveat is that if you choose to transfer funds from ING to your checking it can take 2-3 business days. If fast access to this money is necessary then you might keep shopping around. Good Luck.
Kelley

ING Orange Saving Account Reviews?

New postby Pearline » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

Anyone have there savings account?
What do you think of it?
Pearline

New postby Ardelle » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

I love my account there. It's totally worthwhile if you have enough money that the interest you're gaining is noticeable. (For a $100 account, it wouldn't be worth the effort.) However, what I have decided to do for myself, and I would recommend for others as well, is that I have a savings account with the same bank I do checking with as well as an online savings account.

The one at my "normal" bank is my emergency fund, it has about two weeks worth of expenses in it now that I plan to grow to a month of expenses.

The one at my online bank has "the rest" of the money, as much as I can put in aside from my emergency fund.

The reason for this is that it takes several days to transfer money back and forth, particularly over weekends. My savings account at my normal bank is linked to my checking account for overdraft protection, and it can be transferred or withdrawn immediately.

Good luck!
Ardelle

Which bank would be the best to open a saving account in...

New postby Mozell » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

Which bank would be the best to open a saving account in California in Orange County?

I want to know which bank has the best saving account like the interest, fees, giveaways, hidden fees, hidden items, do you have to have a bank account with them. I just want to know because I am considering to open one immediately and I just want to know. The banks are around me are CitiBank, Bank of America, Washington Mutual, Wells Fargo, Bank of the West, and much more in the Orange County or Irvine area, but the one listed above are the one I have seen so far or remember them the best. Thanks!
Mozell

New postby Eliana » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

Chose the bank which has many branches and ATMs'. Verify how much they are paying interest for the saving acct.
Eliana

ING Orange Savings Account.Good idea? Saving &...

New postby Katherin » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

ING Orange Savings Account.Good idea? Saving & Investment in general.?

I'm a 20 year old college student trying to learn how to be smart with my money. I'm interested in learning good ways to save and invest my money.
I've saved up about $800 in a savings account right now, but I receive only 0.25% interest on it and I want to get more. I recently read a blog that recommended ING Direct and checked out the website. It looks good, but I have so little experience with banking and investment that I'm afraid to take risks with my money (college student = poor/scared to lose money). So here are a few questions, feel free to give me any more advice:

1. Is ING saving or investment? Are there risks?
2. Do they only have one type of account?
3. What are CDs and how do they compare & contrast with ING?
4. What should I be doing with the money I'm saving?
Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback. Since so many of you were so kind I'll let the community pick best answer.
Thanks again.
Katherin

New postby Lesia » 28 Oct 2012, 20:10

ING Direct is a savings account, so your money is guaranteed by the government (FDIC).

They have multiple types of accounts, you just have to choose one that's best for you.

http://home.ingdirect.com/products/

CDs are contracts where you lend the bank a certain amount of money for a set amount of time. They then pay you interest. The worst thing about CDs is that it's hard to withdraw money except at designated times, which is inconvenient. A savings account like ING can get you pretty good rates comparable to CDs.

With $800, you should probably just put it in a savings account and not do anything too fancy with it. Having a savings account puts you a step ahead of other 20 year old already.
Lesia

Return to Personal Finance