My DH and I decided to bank our baby's cord blood. Even though he is not due until December we registered ahead with CBR. They recommend you register in your second trimester, to avoid any delays. We did a lot of research on cord blood banking and on the companies that do it. You have to think when you choose a company about their finical stability. You do not want to pay all this money and your company, goes bankrupt. Also another thing to think about is where do they store it? You should think about natural disasters, what if's should be considered. CBR stores theirs in Arizona, where as most companies store theirs on the east coast. Then you need to consider the technique they use to collect it. What if you need to use some of it, will it all be used or will some still be accessible. With CBR it will. Some companies store them in tubes, some in vacuum sealed bags. Last thing I think even one should consider is the accessibly to your specimen should you need it, after all that is why you stored it, right?