Here is the hard truth ! All basement are damp, moldy places.You can spend 10 dollars or 100,000 dollarts and you are going to have a damp, moldy basement. Anything you ever put into the basement will midew in a few hours. The place will always have that dank smell. What would you use it for anyway ? I have seen people make recreation rooms, spare bed rooms, hobby rooms etc and none of them are ever used because they stink . How many dry, airy, nice cheerful basements do you know of ? MMMM ?
Sump pumps, outside drains, outside pumps, all sorts of wall treatments, inside and out, under floor drains are all a waste of money.
Leave it alone !