Sleep Comfort

How Do You Repair A Sleep Comfort Or Sleep Number Bed That...

New postby Margarette » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

How do you repair a Sleep Comfort or Sleep Number bed that leaks air?

I've had two of these beds and both would lose air. It wasn't the pump. I found the solution to be in repairing and/or replacing the the way the air hoses connect to the pump. The only other solution is replacing the mattresses which is too expensive. If you go to Ebay you can find my solution under Sleep Comfort or Sleep Number beds. I've got the solution there with a little yellow book. I've found replacement parts that work like a dream.
Margarette

How do I put together a Sleep Comfort bed?

New postby Darrel » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

How do I put together a Sleep Comfort bed? How do I put together a Sleep Comfort bed?
Darrel

New postby Dennis » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

We have a Sleep Number bed,it is very comfortable and we love it, have had it about 7 years now. Pretty much the same as a Select Comfort. You should have instructions aboout putting it together, if not, go to a store where they sell them and ask, or go to their web site for help.
Dennis

Can I wash my Select Comfort / Sleep Number mattress cover?

New postby Louann » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

"You cannot wash the cover. It is likely to fall apart."

Well, that seems to be the consistent response that I received from the sales folks in 3 stores, and calling customer service twice. Well guess what. THEY'RE LYING !

I've had my King model 5000, dual chamber for 4+ years now and am VERY happy with it.

Last week one of my pooches urinated on it, and my wife went into a tizzy. I immediately inquired and was told by everyone at SC that it CANNOT be washed and must be replaced.

CS was so nice on the phone. "We're going to pick up the first 64% of the replacement cost." were the first words she uttered. I was tickled pink. But the next words were ".and you'll pay only $276". I almost fainted.

Well, my wife and I decided to implement "Plan A".

Went to the local laundromat where they have LARGE capacity washers. We put the top cover (soiled section) into the largest machine on delicate.

We washed it TWICE, and then put it in the dryer for almost an hour.

SUCCESS !
Louann

New postby Magaret » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

Just be careful the next time you dry it because it can melt.... i have melted mine in a few spots but it still fits and i don't plan on getting a new one until i get a new bed. I have washed mine at least 4 times in the last year, once when i first got it because my husband and i got it from his parents, and 3 other times because our cat likes to knock things over.
Magaret

What would cause the wired remotes on my Select Comfort...

New postby Dalila » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

What would cause the wired remotes on my Select Comfort sleep number bed to not display the numbers properly?

The digital display is only showing "part" of the number on both remotes. I cannot find any trouble shooting information for them - even through the site. I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems and how was it resolved?

(and before anyone says - replace the batteries - there are no batteries).

Thanks.
Dalila

New postby Fernando » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

Most digital displays today are LCD.

The LCD display is "fed" it's signal via a conductive strip along the edge of the display that connects it to the circuit board generating the display information. If that conductive strip does not make good contact, one or more of the display segments will not receive their electrical signal, and your display will be missing pieces of the numbers.

As an EE, I've gone into such devices (when unplugged) and cleaned the contact area. Most often, when re-assembled, the display works again.

Unless you know a lot about electronics, you'd best stay out of the device and let a qualified technician fix it.
Fernando

Is it better to let a child cry itself to sleep, or...

New postby Marcelle » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

Is it better to let a child cry itself to sleep, or comfort the child?

My conservative in-laws think kids need to "cry it out." And, I'm not talking about the "Ferber" method. They think a child should cry, and cry even if he/she cries for 2 hours straight.

I'm more inclined to NOT have the children cry. I'm of the belief that it's not good for kids to cry themselves to sleep.

What are you opinions on this subject?

Also, cause I'm trying to find a correlation, what are your political leanings?
Marcelle

New postby Glynis » 26 Oct 2012, 02:37

I have raised two well-adjusted fine young men.

So from learning about parenting and from my own experience you should comfort the child.

Letting a child cry causes the child to detach from you and their surroundings. If they cry and cry and no one bothers to care, they can grow up with low-self-esteem feeling like what they say and do matters to no one.

True bonding calls for the babies comfort at all times. A baby does not cry for no reason. It is usually one of these:

1. wet diaper
2. hungry
3. tired or sleepy
4. tummy hurts / air bubbles or colic
5. bored
6. feelings of being alone
7. sick or ill
8. too cold or too hot
9. nuzzling (tight wrapping like mothers womb)

If you were a baby and you had one of these problems would you want to be ignored. Put in the crib to cry it out. I don't think so. Therefore you should check each of these and see what the problem is and take care of it. If it is not evident, the child is lonely or needs a mothers or parents nuzzling.
When a child is born they like to be held tight or wrapped up tight as it feels like home (the mothers womb). This can be one of the biggest obstacles at birth and for the first 3 months.

Remember, you are the parent do what you think is best. Many persons my age think crying is best because that is what was taught back in the 50, 60, 70's. But that does not make it right. I did not follow that junk as I knew better and my kids turned out great and well-adjusted. Let your heart lead the way.
Glynis

Return to Repairs