How To Recover Lost Data

Can Someone Help Me Find A Step By Step Procedure On How...

New postby Otelia » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

Can someone help me find a step by step procedure on how to recover lost data if your computer crashes?

I would like to know if anyone knows how to recover lost data from a computer that crashed or a book or a web site that offers that information. Thanks.
Otelia

New postby Doyle » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

I found this article through Digg - it's a good step by step guide.

https://comeau.info/index.php/2007/09/0 ... -recovery/
Doyle

How to recover lost data files from a format?

New postby Lashandra » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

I had a hard drive that was in FAT format, a 160GB drive. I ended up getting a virus on C:, and meant to format it and re-install Windows, but instead formatted F: which was the FAT drive that contained ALL of my personal, non-OS files. I performed the regular format (not quick), which took longer. I then installed Windows XP on it. I wasn't aware that I was doing this all on the wrong drive. I was positive I selected C: when I deleted the partition. I don't really know WHAT happened. So, it converted the FAT drive to NTFS. Is there a way to recover all of my data on there since the file system was changed FAT to NTFS? And since I re-installed Windows? I have not done anything else on it but install Windows. Thanks.!
I should also note that the drive letter was changed from F: to E: after formatting. if I changed it back to F: would that help in data recovery at all?
Lashandra

New postby Twyla » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

Yeah... youre pretty much hosed there. If you had just formatted it and left it at that, there are utilities that wil let you "unformat" a quick format. A full/low level format is not usually undoable, nor is a quick format if you ran a bunch of I/O to it after the format, such as installing an OS or ding a filesystem conversion. You could try an unformat utility (i believe norton has one, among others) but I would not keep my hopes up.

EDIT:

Drive letter will not make any difference whatsoever
Twyla

How to recover lost data from Opera?

New postby Tianna » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

I accidentally uninstalled Opera and lost all my saved passwords and bookmarks. Is there a way to recover all that data. Stupid me I didn't make back ups. ):
Tianna

New postby Joan » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

It depends on whether you deleted all the directories or not. If you did, not much hope. (If not, move them to someplace save, install Opera again, move them back and back up the bookmarks and passwords.)
Joan

How to recover lost data/files from computers?

New postby Guadalupe » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

Recently somehow, i lost my data/files from computer. I want to ask, if there is any way to recover lost data, other than data recovery softwares? I have heard that these software have to be purchased to do that. I dont have money, and that data is very very important to me. So, anyone please help me urgently?
Guadalupe

New postby Jeannine » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

How new is your computer? most newer computers have rollback software already installed. you may notice a hard drive d: with only a few gb, usually 5% of the main HD and you can't access it. if you have that then you are able to roll back already. other than that, i don't know of any free ways about it.
Jeannine

How can I recover lost data (while moving from USB hard...

New postby Rosette » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

How can I recover lost data (while moving from USB hard disk to a desktop computer) after power serge?

I was taking my data from my laptop and putted it on an external hard disk, I re-transferred it to a desktop computer but when I was about to have 92% completed, a power serge occurred during the process and I lost the data on the hard disk because its an external hard disk, is there a program to recover my files please tell me.
(The process was by using the cut and paste method).
So I need a recovery program that recovers all types of recovery even cut and pasted files.
To be more specific the largest file I need to recover is 300Mb and the files are in all formats (from document files - video files).
Thanks for your help in advance.
Rosette

New postby Bea » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

Try a program called Get data back for NTFS & Fat, it has got me out trouble a few times http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm
Bea

How do i open 2 "Recover Lost Data"? Also How to...

New postby Will » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

How do i open 2 "Recover Lost Data"? Also How to open a program twice?

Recover Lost Data - Recovers Erased Files And Deleted Stuff.
Open Program Twice - Open A Program That Is Normally Only Able To Open Once At A Time
Will

New postby Philip » 24 Oct 2012, 09:56

There are other free s/w for t purpose..
Imagerecall -
Try these links too

http://lifehacker.com/software/data-recovery/
http://lifehacker.com/software/data-rec ... 171222.php

Do rate if it helped
Philip

Return to Security