Lawyers In Az

Are There Any Lawyers In AZ Willing To Fight A Case...

New postby Gia » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

Are There Any Lawyers In AZ Willing To Fight A Case Against CPS?

I'M ASKING FOR A FRIEND,IF ANY LAWYERS WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HEARING THE DEATAILS OF THIS CASE PLEASE LEAVE CONTACT INFO.I HAVE NOT READ REPORTS BUT FROM WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD THE CHILDERN WERE TAKEN BY CPS FOR MOLESTATION CHARGES WHICH YEARS LATER WERE FOUND FALSE & DROPPED BY CPS.BUT WHILE IN FOSTER CARE ONE OF THE CHILDERN DIED.IF THEY HAVE ANY CHANCE AT A CASE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM GET IT AFTER ALL THEY'VE BEEN THROUGH.THEY ARE CONTACTING ANYONE WHO CAN & ARE WILLING TO LISTEN TO THERE SIDE OF THE STORY.
Gia

New postby Aleen » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

Yeah, I agree with the other poster. As a friend, you can search the phone books, internet, or other channels and help her or them attain an attorney. Unless thye are a non-english speaking family and you are their translator, the family that this happened
to has to be the one to obtain an attorney. Often times cps and dss cases take a long time, and in my state of North carolina, their just aren't enough of attorneys who are willing to take on a cps case. The typical cps case take anywhere from 12-18 months and most attorneys simply don't have the time. Especially if you go and get a public defender. My advice to you is to help the fmaily search for a domestic or family law attorney in your area. I wish you and them the best of luck! If what you are saying is all true, then it sounds like you have a case against cps.
Again, good luck!
Aleen

Are there any low income lawyers in Phoenix, Az? Through...

New postby Sharron » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

Are there any low income lawyers in Phoenix, Az? Through the state who help the poor families.?

We really need it thank you.
Sharron

New postby Dina » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

This may or may not be of help to you.

Lawyers on Call is a public service program sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona and Phoenix’s Channel 12 KPNX TV. On the first Tuesday of the month, members of the public can have their legal questions answered by volunteer lawyers. More here:

http://www.azbar.org/LawyersHelpingYou/loc.cfm

Depending on your legal needs, if you don't actually "have" to have a lawyer in your presence, you can go to the county Judge in your county that you reside in. He's an elected official and his legal advice is free.
Dina

How many years of study I need to become a lawyer in AZ? ?

New postby Deon » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

I am currently taking my associate degree in Business than I would like to go to Arizona State University to finish my bachelor. I am currently taking my associate degree in Business than I would like to go to Arizona State University to finish my bachelor.
Deon

New postby Babara » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

Law school is an additional three years after getting your bachelor's degree. After you get a JD, then you have to pass the Arizona Bar Exam before you can practice.
Babara

Does anyone know any pro bono lawyers in phoenix az?

New postby Jarred » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

Or where i could contact one? my sons public defender doesnt even return our calls or dicuss his case with us and we are running out of time
Jarred

New postby Gia » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

I don't know if this is everywhere, but I've come across it in a couple of cities... Some public libraries offer something like a "legal advice night" where you can meet with a lawyer at the library and discuss concerns for free. Call your library. I think in California where we used to live it was called the "Lawyers In the LIbrary" program.
Gia

Looking for a employment lawyer in az on a contingency...

New postby Charmaine » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

Looking for a employment lawyer in az on a contingency basis?

Was fired from my city job for some thing i did not do and they still put the reason in my termination letter that i was guilty of this when there were no charges brought against me
Charmaine

New postby Alysha » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

1. Find an attorney who specializes in wrongful termination, especially those which deal with public agencies. I don't know about Arizona law, but in CA, there is a protected "property right" in certain government/public entity jobs for which they have to have cause to terminate you and give you a right to a "Skelly" hearing (named after a case).
2. Contact your local county bar association for a referral.
3. Do this ASAP!
Alysha

I need a custody lawyer in az?

New postby Chere » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

I need a custody lawyer in az?

I need a good cheap custody laywer in phoenix az.
Chere

New postby Genia » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

No such thing as a good and cheap lawyer. Sorry.

Otherwise, I suggest checking www.martindale.com for qualified family law lawyers in your area.

Remember that you get what you pay for. And when you're talking about custody, you don't want to skimp on quality.
Genia

What is the criteria needed to become a lawyer in AZ. I...

New postby Malia » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

What is the criteria needed to become a lawyer in AZ. I need specific steps. Do I need law school?

I am currently working on my Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies and need to know what the steps are to become a lawyer. I have heard that you do not need to go to law school to become a lawyer in AZ, but what is the criteria. I am not sure of the steps I need to take in order to complete the process. Does anyone know step by step how I go about becoming a lawyer as I finish up my bachelors degree?
Malia

New postby Louise » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

There are only a few states in the US where you don't need a law degree to practice law. They include Virginia and California (where you do not have to go to law school) and New York and Maine (where you need some law school, but do not need to complete it).

In Arizona, you need a law degree, and you need to pass the bar.
Louise

I need websites that can provide stats on whether a lawyer..

New postby Betty » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

I need websites that can provide stats on whether a lawyer is useful in an az dui case?

I'm writing an essay for class arguing whether or not a lawyer is useful in a dui case.
Betty

New postby Jeannie » 23 Oct 2012, 18:52

You should be able to get a lot of information regarding DUI's from a site called findlaw. I have attached the link. Good luck on your project.
Jeannie

Next

Return to United States