Sleep Comfort Bed

How Do I Put Together A Sleep Comfort Bed?

New postby Novella » 22 Oct 2012, 15:18

How do I put together a Sleep Comfort bed? How do I put together a Sleep Comfort bed?
Novella

New postby Yelena » 22 Oct 2012, 15:18

We have a Sleep Number bed,it is very comfortable and we love it, have had it about 7 years now. Pretty much the same as a Select Comfort. You should have instructions aboout putting it together, if not, go to a store where they sell them and ask, or go to their web site for help.
Yelena

How do you repair a Sleep Comfort or Sleep Number bed that..

New postby Evan » 22 Oct 2012, 15:18

How do you repair a Sleep Comfort or Sleep Number bed that leaks air?

I've had two of these beds and both would lose air. It wasn't the pump. I found the solution to be in repairing and/or replacing the the way the air hoses connect to the pump. The only other solution is replacing the mattresses which is too expensive. If you go to Ebay you can find my solution under Sleep Comfort or Sleep Number beds. I've got the solution there with a little yellow book. I've found replacement parts that work like a dream.
Evan

New postby Marguerite » 22 Oct 2012, 15:18

I like a air bed rely loose and soft.

btw to leave this to u and me.
I GOT LINES ALL OVER MY BODY FROM AIR BEDS IF ITS TO TIGHT.
Marguerite

What would cause the wired remotes on my Select Comfort...

New postby Genevive » 22 Oct 2012, 15:18

What would cause the wired remotes on my Select Comfort sleep number bed to not display the numbers properly?

The digital display is only showing "part" of the number on both remotes. I cannot find any trouble shooting information for them - even through the site. I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems and how was it resolved?

(and before anyone says - replace the batteries - there are no batteries).

Thanks.
Genevive

New postby Dionne » 22 Oct 2012, 15:18

Most digital displays today are LCD.

The LCD display is "fed" it's signal via a conductive strip along the edge of the display that connects it to the circuit board generating the display information. If that conductive strip does not make good contact, one or more of the display segments will not receive their electrical signal, and your display will be missing pieces of the numbers.

As an EE, I've gone into such devices (when unplugged) and cleaned the contact area. Most often, when re-assembled, the display works again.

Unless you know a lot about electronics, you'd best stay out of the device and let a qualified technician fix it.
Dionne

Question about a sleep number select comfort bed?

New postby Lore » 22 Oct 2012, 15:19

I got rid of my waterbed bladder a few years ago and just stuck an old coil spring mattress in the waterbed frame. Now that is hurting my back so I'm thinking about just buying the 2 air chambers and the pump and putting them in the same frame.

Will this work? I know I'm missing a bunch of foam pieces and select comforts actual full bed kinda has a different base. But overall what do you think or has anyone else tried it?
Lore

New postby Birgit » 22 Oct 2012, 15:19

Don't buy it, I heard that you might as well buy an air mattress because its air that you are sleeping on. If price is not a problem but the temper petic
Birgit

Return to Do It Yourself (DIY)